DSI Top

Thread: Panther stater rings question

Panther stater rings question

I took the exit housing off my panther pump to check the stater rings since I ran accross an old posting on Bander log I think it was, showing a picture of what stater rings or seals are supposed to look like and mine don't look anything like that, I'm hoping you'll take a look at the picture I attached and tell me what you think might have destroyed mine and what I need to do to fix. I did recently replace the eu bushing and it was wasted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0680.JPG  
    Last edited by sandbill; 08-25-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Re: Panther stater rings question

Steve Mac where are you?
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

CEO, Jet Boat Performance

Quote Originally Posted by sandbill View Post
    I took the exit housing off my panther pump to check the stater rings since I ran accross an old posting on Bander log I think it was, showing a picture of what stater rings or seals are supposed to look like and mine don't look anything like that, I'm hoping you'll take a look at the picture I attached and tell me what you think might have destroyed mine and what I need to do to fix. I did recently replace the eu bushing and it was wasted.
    The excess movement in the shaft (wear in the tailshaft DU bushing area has allowed your impeller to wear and abrade those rings and irreparably damage them They are not critical but do help with pump efficiency, call I we can help advise you Tom

A bit late, but never the less, Tom has the ability to repair this for you. Panther, offered a repair sleeve, of sorts. Through their group of affiliated repair shops. Many moons ago, not even sure if anyone even has an example of one. Here is the pic of a replacement stator ring the was available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	statorring.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	394.3 KB 
ID:	15287
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Kind of looks like there are a total of three stater rings on the picture, I talked to Tom on Wednesday evening, he said it was toast but he had a good used one (exit housing) and UPS'd to me on Thursday

Hello Tom, actually you've already helped me, Bill in Stockton Ca., you sent me a good used exit housing, ride plate, fins and a few other essentials, package arrived on Friday, unfortunately our UPS guy comes our way in the late evenings and it wasnt till after 5pm that I checked delivery status and found out there was an issue, easy fix but too late to pick it up and pickup center not open till Tuesday am! But no worries, I am on vacation all next week so I decided to go ahead and re-work the drive housing with Devcon, Ill try and post some pics, Ive really had a hard time figureing out how, I do have one more question for you guys, I make sure I keep the DU bushing greased up yet it was in very bad shape when I replaced it, even a bit egg shaped,could my engine be out of alignment and have caused the bushing to fail? Its a 454 in case that makes any difference...Bill

The impeller may be out of balance. With its age, most have had the blades, cleaned up a few times. 25 lb. impeller can do a lot of vibrating, if a little off.
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Thread Information