DSI Top
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '72 Schuster Toad build

'72 Schuster Toad build

Helllo VJB people. This is my fist post on this forum and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Doug and I'm from the Houston area. I bought this boat memorial day weekend for 4 grand with the intentions of using it and flipping it. Well I got introduced to jet boating the hard way. The carb was crap and the boat popped a head gasket the first time out. That being said I am very stubborn and decided I was not going to give up that easy. I am selling the bbc and installing an lq4 6.0 with ls3 heads and a new carb. I have fallen in love with this boats lines and have had many people tell me how good the boat looks. I have already taken all the seat covers off and they are being duplicated as I write this. From what I know there were only about 250 of these rough water boats built in 1972. Here is a pic

2. The following user Likes Texas72Toad's post:

Re: '72 Schuster Toad build

This boat has all brand new autometer carbon fiber gauges non of which were hooked up when I bought the boat. I am going to get all the gauges working with the new LSX motor. I also plan on buying a white 6 switch marine panel and a bigger steering wheel. I am going to move the radio to the dash like a car in the area next to the glove box and install the switch panel to the left of the radio. I am also going to add a droop snoop and place diverter and a ski rope pole between the rear seats and engine. More pics to come.... Thanks for looking

Welcome to the site. Looking forward to seeing your improvements.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Here is a crappy picture of this boat on the trailer. It kinda gives you an idea of how good this boat looks in the water. I hate the red half ass wave on the side and I think I am going to have my friend cut some white vinyl in tribal flames and cover up the red. I was thinking of laying the flames like the boat is sitting in the lake of flames when sitting still. I am also not fond of the "mellow Yello" that has to go.

Please, no tribal and no flames!!!
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Please, no tribal and no flames!!!
    You could be right. I need to cover the red up but don't want to paint the entire boat.

, I your ! The right are cool.
    Last edited by T8er S.; 07-30-2014 at 02:21 PM. Reason: 8^B

What you have isn't that bad. I'd leave it alone. Just go and enjoy it first.

Here are some pics for you guys.
    LS3 heads almost done porting

Fresh rebuilt LQ4 short block

11. The following 2 users Like Texas72Toad's post:

Also I am selling these Big Block Chevy wet manifolds and snails. Someone make me a reasonable offer on them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information