DSI Top
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruth Reservoir Trinity county

Ruth Reservoir Trinity county

It was a great Memorial weekend in Trinity County. Met a couple of locals who were more than happy to have some pics taken of their boats and they look forward to seeing them here! It was fun racing around with both of them...

The first boat I saw was Bill's 78' Sleekcraft Rebel... and I had to go out and get a closer look. All original boat complete with jet and engine covers. Has a mildly rebuilt 460.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0029 Large e-mail view.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	314.8 KB 
ID:	14378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0039 Large e-mail view.jpg 
Size:	246.8 KB 
ID:	14379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0041 Large e-mail view.jpg 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	14380

Then I saw a boat I saw last year and finally talked to the owner named Willie. It is a 72' Glasprod which was a new name to me. Has a sbc bored to 355 and sounds great even though it likes to let off a loud backfire here and there which gets everyone's attention

Willie has a drag car and gave us a family pass to the local drags at Samoa, Ca. It is clear he puts his money into his car and not the boat, but that doesn't stop him from getting out and playing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0049 Large e-mail view.jpg 
Size:	307.6 KB 
ID:	14381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0075 Large e-mail view.jpg 
Size:	314.0 KB 
ID:	14382

2. The following 7 users Like roblock's post:

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Re: Ruth Reservoir Trinity county

Good looking Rebel!
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

4. The following user Likes David's post:

Looks Yummy

6. The following user Likes Gone Green's post:

dam ruth lake is a rough haul from fortuna/eureka. had to drive a big rig every day for three summers from fortuna to mad river/south fork mountain. that lake is cool though

8. The following user Likes harleynut's post:

Quote Originally Posted by harleynut View Post
    dam ruth lake is a rough haul from fortuna/eureka. had to drive a big rig every day for three summers from fortuna to mad river/south fork mountain. that lake is cool though
    Sounds like someone was hauling logs to PL Fortuna? It is a tough road for some people. I drive lowbed for United Rentals at the moment, but delivered lumber all over this county and Norcal for 8 years at Schmidbauer. Compared to a regular diet of Shelter cove, Honeydew, and Alderpoint... hwy 36 is a cake walk.

Where in Norcal are you Harleynut?

Im a welder for pge so I had to drive my freightliner welding truck and ten yard dumps with backhoes behind em every day. I live just north of santa rosa but I had to travel a bunch with my old job in pge.

11. The following user Likes harleynut's post:

Quote Originally Posted by harleynut View Post
    Im a welder for pge so I had to drive my freightliner welding truck and ten yard dumps with backhoes behind em every day. I live just north of santa rosa but I had to travel a bunch with my old job in pge.
    Ok yeah... an empty ten wheeler with a hoe on the trailer is a nasty combination on some of those roads. Had to tow my lumber trailer loaded with an empty truck on occasion and it sucks! We have done a lot of business with PG&E the last couple years. Lots of sub station upgrades going on. And some of them are pretty remote like that. Like anywhere, the roads are not that bad once you know them...

A very short video of some of the Ruth lake fun last weekend

14. The following user Likes roblock's post:

Ruth may be the only lake that is full this year... it is not big (one arm of the big lakes like Shasta are bigger) but it is a hoot. Would be great if any of you made the trek out hwy 36 from Red Bluff or hwy 101 from Fortuna, Ca. There are a few rules... Doug's boat is definitely too loud , but gas powered headers are tolerated if one waits until 9AM to make some noise. We will be back out there July 3-7th.

There is a $10 inspection fee for mussels. Boat must be TOTALLY dry, and they will ask you to sign off that it has not been in some southern waters many of which are in Az.

Why we love Ruth:

16. The following 2 users Like roblock's post:

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

If my wife sees that video she will never go to the lake again!!! Glad she doesn't check in here ever!!!
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

18. The following user Likes David's post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information