Southwind Boats 916-600-6938

Thread: Looking for Rebuilt Panther

Looking for Rebuilt Panther

Hi Guys - Haven't posted in awhile but been reading all along. I pulled my 450G out to do seals and look it over - this is the pump you all helped walk me through the Devcon application last spring. Where the pitting was really severe at the very front of the bore the Devcon held up perfectly - in the rest of the bore it mostly came back out - but I have to admit I pulled two different boats off sand bars in shallow water and pumped a lot of sand through it.

My intent has been to do seals, bearings etc then epoxy again - but I thought I'd check and see if anyone knew of a fresh rebuild sitting out there - especially interested in a sleeved unit. Saw an ad over on PB from several years ago that looked like just what I'm seeking. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Re: Looking for Rebuilt Panther

Saw one on Ebay recently and it sees to be gone. found this one... http://for-sale.yakaz.com/panther-je...09f0bs4tde0gvo

None were rebuilt. that will be hard to find. Tom at Jetboatperformance may be able to hook you up. I don't know that anyone sleeves panthers anymore. I am sure a good shop could, but it may be costly for a one off.

May well be that I'm looking for the needle in the hay stack - just thought I'd check and see if there happen to be one laying around in somebody's shop. Mine is plenty serviceable and I can get it back on the water pretty quick. There's a retired machinist down the road that can sleeve this for me if I can find a sleeve. I see them on Panther's site as part of their shop services but didn't see that they had one for sale. I was going to check with JBP and see if they had access to one.

CEO, Jet Boat Performance

Thanks Roblock !......... MKA we build and rebuild Panthers and Maritechs regularly andhave loads of repair parts/spares and buildable core units please feel free to call I work 7 day a week Tom 805 466 4719

BTW the sleeves are not made as repair parts but rather the suctions are fitted and sleeves made , installed, fitted "one off " (we have sleeved suctions)
    Last edited by jetboatperformance; 02-14-2014 at 09:25 PM.

5. The following user Likes jetboatperformance's post:

that's good to know Tom. It is always refreshing to see an established business, like yours, that will work with a customers desires (and wallet) instead of just one option, that being, replacing the unit with a current mixed flow pump, as most other places see as the only solution!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Thread Information