DSI Top
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 460 help

Re: 460 help

That is an automotive pan...Like shown on the recent thread about pans, the Armondo 10 quart seems to be the ticket for sufficient oiling of these marine engines, especially for bearing longevity, which it seems to be your problem at the moment...it is what I will be using on my build...good luck with your choice...
    speed cost...how fast do you want to go????

Quote Originally Posted by dragracerdave View Post
    That is an automotive pan...Like shown on the recent thread about pans, the Armondo 10 quart seems to be the ticket for sufficient oiling of these marine engines, especially for bearing longevity, which it seems to be your problem at the moment...it is what I will be using on my build...good luck with your choice...
    Thanks, ya after reading all the reviews I'll be calling and ordering Armandos. Thanks-

Been running a dooleys pan for years great pans. Check all boat forums in parts I think there is one on performance boats a Dooley for maybe 200 I think

Quote Originally Posted by justsquirtin View Post
    Been running a dooleys pan for years great pans. Check all boat forums in parts I think there is one on performance boats a Dooley for maybe 200 I think
    Cool cool. I'll check it out. I like the price! Thanks.

If you have the baffled CJ/marine pan, you're fine. You just don't want the standard, unbaffled passenger car pan.
    A pan with increased capacity is better. If you have a 3-pt mount a 10qt pan won't work unless you upgrade to a 4-pt or rail mount.
    '78 Glastron/Carlson CV23 - 429/Berkeley; '64 Ford Falcon 'vert; '04 Saab 95 Aero
    Bradley GTE Electric; '99 Tahoe, 2000 Big Dog Bulldog

like what 429cv23 said, the baffled, front pick-up oil pan works fine, in an application like a day cruiser. I have run this pan for many seasons, without any oil pressure issues. If I had a smaller 18' or 19' boat, I would use and Armandos, or Dooley. The smaller boats maneuver so much quicker, that it is easy to starve the oil pickup. The other very important specification that many people overlook, is the pick up screen to oil pan clearance. This is Critical in a Jet Boat! You can buy Play-Doh any where, test fit the oil pan and make sure it is no closer then 5/16", and no farther then 7/16". from the bottom of the pan. Welcome to Vintage Jet Boats.com.
    Last edited by 78_Tahiti; 01-27-2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: BBF Baby
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

7. The following user Likes 78_Tahiti's post:

Quote Originally Posted by 78_Tahiti View Post
    like what 429cv23 said, the baffled, front pick-up oil pan works fine, in an application like a day cruiser. I have run this pan for many seasons, without any oil pressure issues. If I had a smaller 18' or 19' boat, I would use and Armandos, or Dooley. The smaller boats maneuver so much quicker, that it is easy to starve the oil pickup. The other very important specification that many people overlook, is the pick up screen to oil pan clearance. This is Critical in a Jet Boat! You can buy Play-Doh any where, test fit the oil pan and make sure it is no closer then 5/16", and no farther then 7/16". from the bottom of the pan. Welcome to Vintage Jet Boats.com.
    great info! Added to my notes. Thanks!

9. The following user Likes AlamoSpeedo's post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information