DSI Top
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Experiences with paints/gel coats??

Re: Experiences with paints/gel coats??

When I get to the shop in the morning I will grab a part number. We use one mask for everything we do and it works very well. We use epoxy, urethane, acrylic enamel, and who knows what else. I have never smelled anything.

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comerz1 View Post
    When I get to the shop in the morning I will grab a part number. We use one mask for everything we do and it works very well. We use epoxy, urethane, acrylic enamel, and who knows what else. I have never smelled anything.
    Maybe your smeller is just broken???
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

That is a possibility David! Especially after 22 years of heavy smoking. Quit in June, can actually smell again.

Sorry for the delay, got sidetracked this morning. The 3m mask I use is part number 37079. It uses an organic vapor cartridge part number 6001. I misquoted, I pay about 44.00 for this mask but it has replaceable cartridges. Hope that helps! Also if not available locally look up auto body tool mart, their prices are fairly reasonable.

4. The following user Likes comerz1's post:

Thank you, and no worries about delay. I just got in from wet sanding the other tank and other misc. parts. I'mma look up these numbers and see what I can find. Thanks for the info!

Yes sir no problem. In case my previous post didn't make sense, the mask comes with the cartridge filters for that price.

[QUOTE=comerz1;81853]Looks way better than I expected it to! As for a mask, you can get a 3m mask with the cartridges for about 25.00 that will keep you safe from the fumes. Be advised they come in different sizes and a lot of times medium will be all they keep in stock. I use a large, takes a lot to cover up all of this ugly![/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO!!
    Rob
    Rob Hawes-Anchorage Rod Works-Anchorage, Alaska
    "Alaska Hawaii, Shipping Here Is Terrible!" (AH, $hit Club)

This has been very enlightening. Have there been any updates? I'm thinking that I'm going to wind up repainting my float and have lots of crazy (and some silly) ideas, and want to see how all these other projects came out.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information