DSI Top
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Won & Done - MavTV

Won & Done - MavTV

So I had an e-mail conversation with Rich Christensen (Pinks & Pinks - All Out fame) and he has a new show on MavTV which is owned by Lucas Oils. It's called Won & Done. It's a similar premise on Pinks All Out (no you don't give up your car/boat if you lose).
    Basically you negotiate the race (car lengths, bottle/no bottle, rolling start vs. standing start ect.) and then it a win or lose deal. If you win, you get $500 and a chance to go on for more money later. If you lose, that car/boat is banned from competing in the show again.
    He showed some interest in doing a deal on the water. With as many areas that our boat are, there could be a nice following with a nations final. With this premise, a boat like my old Eliminator could compete against a boat like Doug's "Misplaced" if negotiated correctly.
    I had floated (pun intended) this on a couple sites where I knew there were some guys that raced, but got a lot of flack and figures it wasn't worth it. I've had some positive feedback recently so I may continue to push this with Rich and Lucas Oil.

Anyone else think this might be a good idea?

http://www.mavtv.com/shows/won-and-done.html
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

2. The following 2 users Like wolfie's post:

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Re: Won & Done - MavTV

Very cool!!! Let me know what I can do to help promote it here!!!
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

It just takes MavTV/Lucas Oils to realize that there's a marketing interest.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

I just sent off an e-mail to the MavTV programing director to see if we can push something like this along.
    A lot of people see car doing 90-100MPH on a drag strip. After a while, those not involved see each car as being the same. As those of us that have had the pleasure of riding with Doug know, when you say 100 MPH on water, people's interests get peaked!

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

I love the idea! Pinks, Pinks All Out and Pass Time are the only reason I watch TV. I am pretty sure Rich would shut you down in negotiations if you asked Doug for 173 boat lengths though!!! LOL
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

7. The following 2 users Like "THE ADVOCATE"'s post:

Quote Originally Posted by "THE ADVOCATE" View Post
    I love the idea! Pinks, Pinks All Out and Pass Time are the only reason I watch TV. I am pretty sure Rich would shut you down in negotiations if you asked Doug for 173 boat lengths though!!! LOL
    Once he took a look at mine, then looked at Doug's boat, he'd tell me to just put it back on the trailer.

If they'd have a fast rat boat show I'd be there! lol
    Rob
    Rob Hawes-Anchorage Rod Works-Anchorage, Alaska
    "Alaska Hawaii, Shipping Here Is Terrible!" (AH, $hit Club)

10. The following user Likes White Lightning's post:

Quote Originally Posted by White Lightning View Post
    If they'd have a fast rat boat show I'd be there! lol
    Rob
    That's what it's all about... Run what you brung!!

12. The following user Likes wolfie's post:

I love the idea,and alot of us are involved in other forms of racing already but would love a chance to put the ol floats to the test.hell if they dont pick up the idea we have enough members to start holding our own form of pinks,our buy in costs could fund the events and pay out.then they would take us serious lol

14. The following user Likes POUNDERS's post:

I love it to I got a 79 charger that does 85 now by the time the show got goin It will be doing 100mph. I am all in for this

16. The following 2 users Like minidaycruser82's post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information