DSI Top

Thread: Desert Storm Poker Run 2013

Desert Storm Poker Run 2013

Has anyone been to this event in Havasu?

I guess it starts with a boat show on the weekend of 4-19 and ends the following weekend with a top-speed shootout and poker run.

It's mostly offshore boats, but I'm thinking about going with some friends, taking our daycruisers, and camping on the lake.

Anyone?

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Re: Desert Storm Poker Run 2013

Not I... I'd like to check it out, maybe next year... This year is pretty stacked already!!!
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Lots of videos on you tube of the event. Looks fun!
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

I can only go for one of the weekends, and it looks like it will be the weekend of the 19th. I'm not really into crowds, so maybe this will be a better weekend to see the sights and get parking for the tow rigs.

I understand they close one of the ramps for the race participants only. That makes for long lines at the other ramps. There should be some fun people watching at those ramps!

5. The following user Likes Hotrodnailhead's post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodnailhead View Post
    I can only go for one of the weekends, and it looks like it will be the weekend of the 19th. I'm not really into crowds, so maybe this will be a better weekend to see the sights and get parking for the tow rigs.

I understand they close one of the ramps for the race participants only. That makes for long lines at the other ramps. There should be some fun people watching at those ramps!
    Years ago, I spent many an hour sittin at a boat ramp sipping on a cool one watching Joe Boater and L'nMAO

(I'd have a boat, but no $ to put gas in it. So this was the next best thing!)

I'm not one for crowds, especially some of the people that will be there that weekend. Lot's of fake tough guy flat billers and wanna be rich guys. Too many douchebags that go, not because they love boating, but because they can go back and tell their friends what they did the last weekend. I'm not into that. That's why I hang out here. I like real people.
    As far as the launch ramps, best place for entertainment!!! Especially those guys with the old Eliminator Sport Cruiser!!!
    We used to go park out in front of the launch ramp at Golden Shores in Long Beach just to watch the people.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

8. The following 2 users Like wolfie's post:

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Lot's of fake tough guy flat billers and wanna be rich guys. Too many douchebags that go, not because they love boating, but because they can go back and tell their friends what they did the last weekend. I'm not into that. That's why I hang out here. I like real people.
    HA HA HA.. You just described what I expect it to be like perfectly. We call them "10 thousand-heirs". They are all over the place in Scottsdale AZ. Driving their leased hummers with the 22" wheels and tribal stickers.

10. The following user Likes Hotrodnailhead's post:

HA HA HA.. You just described what I expect it to be like perfectly. We call them "10 thousand-heirs". They are all over the place in Scottsdale AZ. Driving their leased hummers with the 22" wheels and tribal stickers.
    that is friken hilarious!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Thread Information