DSI Top
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: challenger engine build in progress

challenger engine build in progress

well i finally got the 454 rebuild going. now just keeping my fingers crossed it runs good after all the hard work and money spent. build specs are as follows 454 4 bolt main over .030 forged pistons and crank, rectangle port cast iron heads crower solid cam .592 intake lift .609 exhaust lift 282 intake duration 295 exhaust duration crane roller rockers. induction is a 420 B&M megacharger with a pair of 900 cfm carbs. ignition is a mercruiser electronic thunderbolt 4 distributor running a v-6 amplifier just up in the air wether i use the old msd marine igntion box or go with a new mallory hi-fire 6 setup due to the fact it has a lot of options all in one box opposed to multiple units due to the age of the msd. and im running the ebay stainless relentless performance thru transom headers. i'm hoping to see somewhere in the neighborhood of 600-625 horsepower.

2. The following 3 users Like lowfunds's post:

Re: challenger engine build in progress

have you computed static compression ratio yet? just wondering what compression and fuel your going to run.
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Nice little build!!! Wouldn't mind that in one of my lake toys.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Quote Originally Posted by 78_Tahiti View Post
    have you computed static compression ratio yet? just wondering what compression and fuel your going to run.
    no not yet this week. im not running a lot of boost somewhere around 4-6lbs. my friend is a high performance engine builder and has told me to just skim the heads and take .010 of the block deck and run a .051 cometic head gasket. he said a little compression with this low boost should be ok.

well got a little more done today. put the heads on and got a little antsy to see how the headers looked so i snapped a few pics

7. The following 4 users Like lowfunds's post:

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Looooooooooooooking goooooood!!!
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

And the shop looks a little drier too!!!
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

thank you. yes the shop is dryer if you can see the gray section from the floor up the water was about 6-10" above that. this is the shop i had the jet boat in for the storm sitting on the trailer while i was doing the nice shiny diamond plate work in the bilge when the water came in and sank the boat on the trailer. granted it didn't have any wiring done but i was in the process of rigging the bilge. the diamond plate got some corrosion but nothing that can't be cleaned up. my place diverter pump that might be a different story i had that sitting on the diamond plate seeking a good location but it went under water. you be suprised how many things i have got going after they where underwater. i had anything from generators, oil burners, table saws you name it but my shop was pretty much back up and running within 2 months of work. our parts room had over 4.5' of water it was in everything. we still find things with water in them it's amazing.

I see a good ole Bronco in there. I'm a Blue Oval fan, even though they do a lot of dumb stuff, like discontinuing the Bronco!

Quote Originally Posted by PHOENIX View Post
    I see a good ole Bronco in there. I'm a Blue Oval fan, even though they do a lot of dumb stuff, like discontinuing the Bronco!
    I'm a Chevy guy that is a huge Ford Bronco fan! We had an '88 until some broad in a Jeep decided that her phone call was more important than the red light. She ran the red and T-Boned the kid. Then she decided to lie to the police and say that the kid ran the red. Just so happens that the guy that was behind her was the fire captain at the local department. Guess who won.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

13. The following user Likes wolfie's post:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information