DSI Top
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: rebuild time

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Re: rebuild time

Jeeze, that happened to me today too. Oil pressure sender was spraying a fine mist everywhere! My heart almost stopped when I saw milky oil puddled up on the intake manifold. Hope its an easy fix....
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

I think I found the problem that day we used the original timing plate and I think when I got on it for a second the pump pressure broke some of the rust in the port on the plate and dumped water in it. Then the it filled it enough to push the breather out and push like a 4-5ft long trail out of the valve cover all over the header intake and back corner of the boat

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

I checked all gaskets and the breathers....all good thank the Lord. Just coming from the sending unit. New motors are fun!!! LOL Get her going amigo!!
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

So we fixed the problem and turn up the rev limiter to 6k to see what it would do got to the north side of 55 I think it might need a bigger impeller now to drop some rpms keep in mind the camera boat is doing 50 to 55 the driver said. so I think it has some power now

5. The following 3 users Like millerboy74's post:

Looking good man!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Whats going on guys sorry i havent been around lately ive just been busy with a new energy drink company i started working with and havent been focusing much on the boats. I found some free time the other night and pulled the motor from this boat to take it to the engine builder to have him go back threw it and recheck everything and tune it. The night i took it out it was cold so i moved quick and got it out in about 45 mins which amazed me cause it normaly takes me about 2 hrs 😂

8. The following 2 users Like millerboy74's post:

IM BACK haha and this time with great news, I finally got everything set right and this thing is running great. ive put about 40 hrs on it this summer so far. let me say this I want more. the motor is now at around 11:1 comp and runs like beast with 110 91 mix. I cant leave anything alone so ive started collecting parts and money for a better top end, namely solid roller cam, shaft roller rockers, msd crank trigger, NOS, 750s

10. The following 2 users Like millerboy74's post:

Nice vid and good to hear from you. Pop in more often.
    Last edited by T8er S.; 08-19-2015 at 09:17 AM. Reason: evidence

12. The following user Likes T8er S.'s post:

I miss this place, I've been busy but im trying to make more time for myself so I'm going to be around more now

14. The following user Likes millerboy74's post:

Whatís going on guys long time no talk. Itís been about 4 years since the last time I said anything on here, and itís been about that long since Iíve done anything to the boat.
    Well about a month ago I picked up another olds for this thing. .040 over shortblock I got it for free so I win either way Haha. My plan is to get this block bored and cleareanced for the 496 rotating assembly. The shop that built the old motor did a really bad job. Now that Iím older I see things that just werenít done right that they should have done knowing that 1 itís an Oldsmobile and 2 it being a high compression motor. So this time around Iím going to be assembling the entire motor at home and cross my fingers.
    . well time to get on the jet boat bandwagon but all the neglect the boat has had is finally getting to it so it needs some clean up.
    First thing was first was I able to bring the paint back to life well after a week of cut buffing and waxing that was accomplished
    second thing was changing the carpet which is turning into replacing the floor and bulk head I figured while Iím there Iím going to fix a crack in the hull and do it the right way so glass work is where Iím at now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AC3CECB2-ED60-425C-82BA-A5EA6814B431.jpeg   3943A472-D793-451E-9102-4850887E4EB1.jpeg   26C4F31F-8B74-4520-A417-1DBBF8EDF9E2.jpg   370901A4-7BA7-462C-81FB-A3A107D04F25.jpeg  

16. The following user Likes millerboy74's post:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information