Southwind Boats 916-600-6938

Thread: Inverter Question

Inverter Question

Not technically an audio question, but the closest category.

Anyone have experience with inverters? I'm looking at a 1500w/3000w pure sinewave inverter for the boat. Mainly to run a 16" LED TV and Uebo M100 media player. And maybe a small coffee pot for the mornings. Hell, maybe even a small electric skillet for cooking breakfast. She'll have 2 6v golf cart batteries in series for increased operational time.

Nothin' better than anchoring in a cove at dusk, crackin' a few cold boys, and watching some movies on the water. The Uebo in current form (w/250gb HD) can hold 40-45 movies and ~15gb of music.
    '78 Glastron/Carlson CV23 - 429/Berkeley; '64 Ford Falcon 'vert; '04 Saab 95 Aero
    Bradley GTE Electric; '99 Tahoe, 2000 Big Dog Bulldog

Re: Inverter Question

Quote Originally Posted by 429CV23 View Post
    Not technically an audio question, but the closest category.

Anyone have experience with inverters? I'm looking at a 1500w/3000w pure sinewave inverter for the boat. Mainly to run a 16" LED TV and Uebo M100 media player. And maybe a small coffee pot for the mornings. Hell, maybe even a small electric skillet for cooking breakfast. She'll have 2 6v golf cart batteries in series for increased operational time.

Nothin' better than anchoring in a cove at dusk, crackin' a few cold boys, and watching some movies on the water. The Uebo in current form (w/250gb HD) can hold 40-45 movies and ~15gb of music.
    Pure sine wave is the way to go. Sensitive things like computers and such need the pure sine wave, other wise, using the modified sine wave is really rolling the dice. The coffee maker and skillet won't know the difference.
    Rob
    Rob Hawes-Anchorage Rod Works-Anchorage, Alaska
    "Alaska Hawaii, Shipping Here Is Terrible!" (AH, $hit Club)

Re: Inverter Question

Went with a Wagan 2601 400 watt pro, mainly due to the small size, 7x4x2. The 1000 watt Sunforce I was looking at didn't have any mounting options, other than fabbing something up, plus was more than 2x the size. Picked up a 4-cup 12v coffee maker with stainless carafe for $9 on Amazon too.
    400 watts is about 2x what I need to run the TV and Uebo.
    '78 Glastron/Carlson CV23 - 429/Berkeley; '64 Ford Falcon 'vert; '04 Saab 95 Aero
    Bradley GTE Electric; '99 Tahoe, 2000 Big Dog Bulldog

4. The following 2 users Like 429CV23's post:

Thread Information