Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleekcraft tunnel OB thoughts

Re: Sleekcraft tunnel OB thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Main reason for the steering on the left for jets and v-drives was due to the hot foot throttle peddle. There was no room on the right.
    Well, Duh!! I never thought of that...makes sense, my Tahiti was that big old tri-hull barge of a bow rider I posted pics of a few days ago. Hence, no V and lots of room for the hot foot on the right side. Actually kind of nice as the cable didn't go down the middle of the floor. It went down the side along with the shift cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleek Freak View Post
    you may hit a snag on the rear deck area and need to do some glass work. I'm not sure how much problem if any the outboard splash well area would be.
    Thats the main part I was wondering about,I guess I could cut it out and mold it back right but honestly if I get it I will probably put a OB back on it just to run it and see how it handles.That and I already have two jets I need to still do some work on but i figure if I can get this for less than 200 it could go in the stable for a future build. Thanks guys!

3. The following user Likes hawaiian_jet's post:

Do you guys have any links to threads dealing with converting something like this to jet?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KW.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	8803
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOENIX View Post
    Well, Duh!! I never thought of that...makes sense, my Tahiti was that big old tri-hull barge of a bow rider I posted pics of a few days ago. Hence, no V and lots of room for the hot foot on the right side. Actually kind of nice as the cable didn't go down the middle of the floor. It went down the side along with the shift cable.
    Right hand steer 1970's 18' Tahiti trihull, 455/ Berkeley
    Going under a foot bridge over the canal behind my house in Key West. (circa Christmas Day 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by PHOENIX View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KW.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	8803
    Right hand steer 1970's 18' Tahiti trihull, 455/ Berkeley
    Going under a foot bridge over the canal behind my house in Key West. (circa Christmas Day 1984)
    this was right hand becasue there was room for right hand. alot of the jet boats didnt have the room. thats why they were left hand.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiian_jet View Post
    Do you guys have any links to threads dealing with converting something like this to jet?
    PM Kreg (H2OMOFO). He had a Daytona converted from a whacker to a jet. Tom at JBP did the conversion for him.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

8. The following user Likes wolfie's post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information