DSI Top
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: "Soak My Cork" :: 1978 Glastron-Carlson CV23

  1. General Information
    "Soak My Cork"
    1978
    Glastron-Carlson
    CV23
    Tan - Metal Flake Bronze
     

    One family owner, bought from original owners Myron & Byron 10/2012. Sat garaged the last 11 years.

    Modifications

    Original gel

    •  

    All original - Will replace the white shag carpet with a marine carpet and fix up the upholstery a little at a time...

    Started the interior upgrades... New driver side panel in a leather grain marine vinyl with spots now for stereo, speaker and a cubbie too for stuff...

    New passenger side as well with the existing cubbie scooted back a bit to make room for a new speaker. Also recovered the cubbie with the Sand color marine carpet that will be done throughout...

    Working on it.
    Sony Deck, Sirius Satellite, 1000 watt 4 channel amp, 4 Pile Marine Speakers...

    460 BBF

    Stock Berkeley JE - Soon to receive a Place Diverter hydraulic set up.

    Comments: 13 / Views: 20813
  1. #2
    Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod
    "THE ADVOCATE"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Gender:
    Posts
    7,070

    Re: Bloody Mary :: 1978 Glastron-Carlson CV23

    The next time there is a big VJB get together I will have to tell the story of how the boat was sold sight unseen just because I told you she had a bloody mary bar built in from the factory....
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

  2. The following 2 users Like "THE ADVOCATE"'s post:


  3. #3
    Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cameron Park, CA
    Gender:
    Posts
    8,096

    Re: Bloody Mary :: 1978 Glastron-Carlson CV23

    Quote Originally Posted by "THE ADVOCATE" View Post
    The next time there is a big VJB get together I will have to tell the story of how the boat was sold sight unseen just because I told you she had a bloody mary bar built in from the factory....
    I really like that classic Glastron look, the windscreen, molded in swim deck and the built in bar was a definite +++

    BUT, that bar is going to be 100% revamped!!!
    I already have it in my skull, I just need it here to start the build...
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

  4. #4
    Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod
    "THE ADVOCATE"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Gender:
    Posts
    7,070

    Re: Bloody Mary :: 1978 Glastron-Carlson CV23

    You are going to love all of the storage in this boat as well. Place for everything!
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

  5. #5

    Re: Bloody Mary :: 1978 Glastron-Carlson CV23

    It's a Kool ride! Classic lines!!!! You're going to love it!!
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

  6. The following user Likes wolfie's post:


  7. #6
    Stuck In Darkest Africa Jet Mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Worcester, South Africa
    Gender:
    Posts
    507

    Re: Bloody Mary :: 1978 Glastron-Carlson CV23

    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I really like that classic Glastron look, the windscreen, molded in swim deck and the built in bar was a definite +++

    BUT, that bar is going to be 100% revamped!!!
    I already have it in my skull, I just need it here to start the build...
    I am sorry to say David, looks like you have to go see a shrink, you need to get confirmation on the addiction/sickness thingy

    Nice ride BTW.

    Wikus

  8. The following user Likes Jet Mad's post:


  9. #7

    Re: Bloody Mary :: 1978 Glastron-Carlson CV23

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Mad View Post
    I am sorry to say David, looks like you have to go see a shrink, you need to get confirmation on the addiction/sickness thingy

    Nice ride BTW.

    Wikus
    Not if he's down to just one!
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

  10. #8
    Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cameron Park, CA
    Gender:
    Posts
    8,096

    Re: Bloody Mary :: 1978 Glastron-Carlson CV23

    If I'm not down to one boat soon I will be down to NONE wife!!!
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

  11. #9
    Stuck In Darkest Africa Jet Mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Worcester, South Africa
    Gender:
    Posts
    507

    Re: Bloody Mary :: 1978 Glastron-Carlson CV23

    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    If I'm not down to one boat soon I will be down to NONE wife!!!
    We call them handbrakes(parking brake) over here, they let you think you are in control, but you can bullsh#t them sometimes, not all the time.

    Wikus

  12. #10

    Re: Bloody Mary :: 1978 Glastron-Carlson CV23

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Mad View Post
    We call them handbrakes(parking brake) over here, they let you think you are in control, but you can bullsh#t them sometimes, not all the time.

    Wikus
    ROFL! I took my lady (78_Tahiti_Girl) for a few hot laps in Dougs 18' Southwind to see how she felt about riding in a "Real" lake hot rod, instead of our cruiser, this weekend at CFW. And guess what.........She Loved it! so the Hondo Just got moved to the head of the line!!!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

  13. The following 5 users Like 78_Tahiti's post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •