DSI Top
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audio System?

Re: Audio System?

Does anybody have a quick diagram to show how thats wired?I can probably figure it out but wiring is not my strong suit so I wanna make sure I get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiian_jet View Post
    Does anybody have a quick diagram to show how thats wired?I can probably figure it out but wiring is not my strong suit so I wanna make sure I get it right.

\
    OK...the proper thing to do is set up a dual battery system. It will require a switch such as this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31620_L1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	8395
    It will allow you to use/charge battery #1, or switch and use/charge battery #2, or switch and
    use/charge bateries 1 & 2 at the same time. They sell batteries that are deep cycle as well as starting. This is what all the larger cruisers use.
    It's the best way to go even if a little more expensive. ie. just do it right the first time.

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

That's one way to do it...
    I had an isolator left over from another project so I used it...
    Basically the "A" is the charge lead from the alternator, "1" and "2" go to the + terminal of your battery to charge them and the "E" goes to your trigger lead.
    The only drawback that I have is that if one battery goes dead I can't flip a switch and go... But I keep a one wire jumper cable on board to jump + to +
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Cool,thanks guys

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information