DSI Top
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audio System?

Re: Audio System?

Sweet set up. 78_tahiti

Quote Originally Posted by 77_Tahiti_Super_Cruiser View Post
    Sweet set up. 78_tahiti
    Thanks man! I'm sure we'll run in to each other on the Sac River or maybe at CFW or Berryessa! Heres a little different view of how the tunes came out! I was pretty jazzed!

OOPS! Wrong one! Here it is!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

I am curious how you guys power the stereo (especially with amps) without running the battery down?I have been thinking about adding a stereo and amp/sub but am worried I will be stranded on the lake.I only run one battery should I run two? wired parallel or separate?

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

I guess it depends on how much wiring you want to run! If you run them parallel you can put a disconnect switch in line. When its time to rock lock and tag the #2 batt!!!!!! This also lets your automatic bilge pumps run at will and not leave you holding jumper cables in the air. Depending on how much audio you are thinking of hooking up you might want to look into a higher amp alternater as well.
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiian_jet View Post
    I am curious how you guys power the stereo (especially with amps) without running the battery down?I have been thinking about adding a stereo and amp/sub but am worried I will be stranded on the lake.I only run one battery should I run two? wired parallel or separate?
    I have two separate systems... One battery for the engine and another for the stereo, they are separated by an isolator for charging and if the main battery needs a jump I have a single cable from + to + to jump it...
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

I run the two batteries with the isolator/switch so I have one for stereo and one for boat. Works well never had an issue and as other's have said it give's you the ability to jump one battery to the other. I would also recommend either a stereo that is a ipod hook up and control or one that is simply just ipod hook up. the cd will bounce on you while cruising the ipod doesn't. Most stereos now a days will let you use a thumb drive, they're cheap compared to cd's and ipods and work well also.

In any boat, it's best to have at least two of everything. (batteries, bilge pumps, paddles, required pyrotechnics, sweetie pies, etc...

8. The following user Likes PHOENIX's post:

instead of cutting your dash for a "old school" deck you could look at the Memphis head units....WATERPROOF and much better than a deck...IMO Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Memphis head unit installed.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	8373

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I have two separate systems... One battery for the engine and another for the stereo, they are separated by an isolator for charging and if the main battery needs a jump I have a single cable from + to + to jump it...
    So with that set-up does the alt. charge both batteries?

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiian_jet View Post
    So with that set-up does the alt. charge both batteries?
    Yes

Posted while on the run using iPhone app.
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information