DSI Top
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audio System?

Audio System?

I'm thinking about installing a cd player in my 77 tahiti with four speakers. Its pretty expensive to have a shop do it. I was just wondering if any of yall have done this yourselves and had any tips or advice. I have to cut a hole in the dash to mount my deck. and I don't know whether to go with flush speakers or box speakers (flush requires more cutting into my boat :/ ) And what are the best sounding quality speakers out there? Thanks

Re: Audio System?

speaker thats easy its more of personal preference,there are good ones and then there are great ones. if you go to target or those places youll get good, if you go to a stereo shop youll get great.its really about how good you want it to sound??? little boxes work great if you dont want to cut holes. just talk to a sales rep to find out which speakers are going to work best in boxes. good luck.

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Hey so I saw a need for a new forum and made it and moved your post into it...
    Thanks!!!
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Well kind of like newtojets said, To be able to hear your tunes when sitting on the water, takes a lot less stereo/amp then it does while your cruising! You DON'T have to cut the dash to have tunes. There are a lot of options out there. Most of the decent Stereo/CD/MP3 Decks out there come with a wireless remote, and have an option for a waterproof wired remote control, that can be mounted most anywhere. With the wired remote, you can mount the stereo under the bow in a box or under a seat, the possibilities are mind boggling! I mounted my Sony deck in the dash, since the previous owner had cut a hole for a radio, some 25 years ago! David uses a head unit, amp & speakers all in one cabinet under his bow. I made an Amp Board that mounts behind the passenger seat in my Tahiti, and a sub box way under the bow. The Infinity Reference Speakers I mounted in side panels I made. I needed the Amps because I like to sing along, and I don't sing very well!

Heres a couple of pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails foz_dennon.JPG   IMG_2287.JPG   IMG_2289.JPG   IMG_2291.JPG  
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

I was to depressed to post here till about 15 min ago. After last sat at the lake...I took the hose to the inside of my boat like usual. Even being aware of my deck(non marine kenwood) I misted it....about 3 times as wet as a sneeze(wasnt even worried about it).lol Next day no worky. Thank god for reset buttons.lol I just put a pair of 6x9 3 ways in the front bulkhead. I think it sounds pretty good for under a 300 dolla tour.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stereo.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	312.0 KB 
ID:	4958

Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO View Post
    I was to depressed to post here till about 15 min ago. After last sat at the lake...I took the hose to the inside of my boat like usual. Even being aware of my deck(non marine kenwood) I misted it....about 3 times as wet as a sneeze(wasnt even worried about it).lol Next day no worky. Thank god for reset buttons.lol I just put a pair of 6x9 3 ways in the front bulkhead. I think it sounds pretty good for under a 300 dolla tour.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stereo.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	312.0 KB 
ID:	4958
    Thank God you avoided Mayhem!!

Here's another mounting option....Attachment 4959 I've also seen people build a console under the dash in the middle to the floor and install the stereo there.

My cruiser was tall enough that I was able to install mine under the driver's seat facing the passenger side. It was I-Pod compatible and I could change songs, volume etc. from the water with a remote. Worked great. Not sure how I'm going to set up the new boat yet. I'm more worried about putting an engine together for it.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T8er S. View Post
    Thank God you avoided Mayhem!!
    I love those commercials!!!
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I love those commercials!!!
    Those are Jill's favorite commercials as well. She said that they've finally come up with a way to describe insurance since it's not a tangible purchase.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information