DSI Top

Thread: Tahiti SC :: 1978 Tahiti Super Cruiser 20'6"

1. General Information
    Tahiti SC
    Tahiti
    Super Cruiser 20'6"
    Yellow & Dark Brown Metalflake
    460 Ford-Panther Pump

This boat sat outside for a few years before I got it. I have owned it for 20 years. I Built a warmed over 460, modified the pump, had the interior redone.

Modifications

installed Stainless 3 1/2" Exhaust Tips. Installed a SS Bimini Top, with flush pushbutton release fastners. Resprayed the transom (just the dark brown) to see how well POR-15 Clear is going to hold up.

Still needs to be redone, I traded some labor with an upholstery guy. I built 2 different engine covers. One for the ladies, and one for the Guys!

Sony CD/MP3 Player, splash cover, Fosgate Punch 400 Watt Amp, JBL Dual Coil 8" Sub, 4 Infinty 5 1/2" Speakers, I made a hidden Panel for the Amps.

460 Ford, Schnieder Custom Camshaft, Cleaned up D3VE A2A Heads, Edelbrock Torker II Intake, BG Mighty Demon 750 DP Carb, Recurved Prestolite Dist. Aluminum Timing Cover, I Fabbed the Stainless 3 1/2" Exhaust Connecter Tubes

Panther 450H Pump, Has Aluminum Bronze Sleeve, I modified the SS Imeller Tips and The Panthervator!

Comments: 5 / Views: 18874
    Nice setup you have in that thing,, there are a couple of Tahiti's in my area, 1 jet, and the other is a v drive, both the same color as yours. Nice work.
    1974 Checkmate "Jetmate" Olds 455 , Jacuzzi 12 yj with Energizer Kit aa Impeller and Place Divertor

Thanks Man! kind of a labor of love! Tahiti made a lot of boats! I must say, they are durable!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Re: Tahiti SC :: 1978 Tahiti Super Cruiser 20'6"

I've got a 1977 Tahiti bubble deck tiger and I want to put a panther pump on it? Would you recommend it? How do you like it? And does it come with the place diverter on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliminatorlover View Post
    I've got a 1977 Tahiti bubble deck tiger and I want to put a panther pump on it? Would you recommend it? How do you like it? And does it come with the place diverter on it?
    Keep the Berkley.
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

5. The following user Likes 78_Tahiti's post:

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 78_Tahiti View Post
    Keep the Berkley.
    X Infinity!!!
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Thread Information