Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Glastron Carlson CV21 project

Glastron Carlson CV21 project

i don't post much here but lurk everyday so i figured i should post about my project . Its a 1974 G/C CV21 with a 455 Olds and a JC/A pump , i found it in a barn in southern Maine a couple of years ago , dragged it home to central Mass and started tearing into it .
    Im pretty much trying to bring it back to stock . Its original color is bronze metal-flake which has been painted blue and the interior is trashed , rotten wood everywhere however , the stringers were still good .
    Right now im in the middle of rebuilding the interior , rear bench , front buckets , etc . This spring when it warms up i'll start glassing everything in . i've spent quite a lot of time searching for hard to find parts , something we're all used to doing with these old boats lol , still need a few parts for the bellhousing , the search goes on lol .
    Here are a bunch of pictures of the beast lol . Gil

Had to move the pics to another thread starting here----> There can only be 10 attachments at this forum... Makes it faster!!!
    Last edited by David; 02-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Re: Glastron Carlson CV21 project

I always liked those. Looks like you are doin a bang up job on here. Were you able to save the gel? 9 out of 10 times....there is a reason they are painted. I am not sure your cherry picker is up to the task though.lol

Wow! Now THAT is an incredible restoration! Be sure and keep the photos coming from the project as it goes on.
    Oh for cryin out loud... the boat's name is Princess! Are you happy now?

Everything looks good except for the yuppie, Mexican downstream beer!!

At least you could have used Pacifico or Dos Equis!!
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Looking real good there!!! That dash is gonna look killer when you get it all put back together!!!
    Is that drink holder a flip up deal to seat more people?
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Really nice work man! Looking forward to seeing it come along. Nice job on the seats, as well!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

I think the flip down cup holder dealio is a pretty cool idea. Gotta have cup holders!!!
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie
    I think the flip down cup holder dealio is a pretty cool idea. Gotta have cup holders!!!
    Unless you ride with David. Then you need "Sippy Cups" or something with a lid on it! His boat was sucking the bloody mary right out of my glass! Just ask Scott! Doh!
    Last edited by David; 02-04-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

i knew i should have put some Sam Adams in there instead of Coronas lol . The arm rest was stock with the boat , and the gel coat is shot , im gonna have to figure out how to shoot flake . Here is another CV21 (not mine) which is pretty much the stock look im going for and the stock armrest minus the ashtray and lighter lol

That's a pretty cool deal they did with the arm rest. And the Sam Adams would be a definite upgrade!!!

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information