Southwind Boats 916-600-6938
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTB 1979 SleekCraft Tunnel Hull

WTB 1979 SleekCraft Tunnel Hull

So since most of my fellow VJB'ers have Multiple VJB's and with all the help Wolfie received looking for Jills ride...I want a smaller hull for my BBF 557 build I was hoping you guys and gals would help me find a 1979 SleekCraft Tunnel Hull. Wolfie had posted a pic of one in Las Vegas that he was interested in but by the time he "got of the pot" it was SOLD I can't justify spending too much on one and that one was complete with a motor issue and it sold for only $1k, that is what I would like to find again. I understand it is a heavier hull than some others but I REALLY like it's appearance and have been told they handle nicely. I want to do a full custom job on it so not worried about gel-coat and running or not, but would like to get something that has the majority of the boat there so I don't have to sink to much $$ into new stuff...if that makes sense. Thanks in advance for any help you offer
    VJB's Baby...Because ZOMBIES Can't Swim!!!

Re: WTB 1979 SleekCraft Tunnel Hull

Does it have to be a '79? The one Roger and I were interested in wasn't a '79.

And to set the record straight, I gave up on that one over a month ago. I offered to give you the number. But nooooooooo. Now who finally got off the pot?
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Well Rory, you may just be in luck! I was considering this boat myself. But have since picked up the Hondo. It has been sitting for a number of years, and the motor has been removed. It was rigged for a 460 though. The owner is a friend. So I will talk to him tonite and see if he is ready to part with it. The interior is there, but needs rebuilding, however the hull is sound. heres a couple pics, I'll let you know more later. and it has a tandem axle trailer. Its fitted with a Jacuzzi YJ Pump.

It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Look at Steve...he's all over it!!!
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Quote Originally Posted by 78_Tahiti link=topic=1386.msg17421#msg17421 date=1326300941
    Well Rory, you may just be in luck! I was considering this boat myself. But have since picked up the Hondo. It has been sitting for a number of years, and the motor has been removed. It was rigged for a 460 though. The owner is a friend. So I will talk to him tonite and see if he is ready to part with it. The interior is there, but needs rebuilding, however the hull is sound. heres a couple pics, I'll let you know more later. and it has a tandem axle trailer. Its fitted with a Jacuzzi YJ Pump.

And just like that ANOTHER reason I LOVE VJB.com!!! you guys are Awesome.
    Wolfie- I know that I was still not fully ready to take on the fight I will get when I bring home a Hot Rod...but I used you as a scape goat After reading all the posts on here about Fast Boats I have decided that it would be best to have 2 boats. Besides I will only have until 12/21/12 for the wife to be pissed off at me so who cares right Thanks for all your help guys!!

Steve- remind your friend what a GREAT guy I am and how he would really be helping out, kinda like a charitable cause, if he will part with it for a fair price

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie link=topic=1386.msg17416#msg17416 date=1326299808
    Does it have to be a '79? The one Roger and I were interested in wasn't a '79.

And to set the record straight, I gave up on that one over a month ago. I offered to give you the number. But nooooooooo. Now who finally got off the pot?

What's that about asking for forgiveness is better than asking for permission?

I have always like the lines of those. A jacuzzi yj...is that the good cuzi ..or the bad one? : Can never keep them straight. Better be careful Ror...you're playin with fire. I almost named my boat the wife eliminator.

Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO link=topic=1386.msg17426#msg17426 date=1326313955
    I have always like the lines of those. A jacuzzi yj...is that the good cuzi ..or the bad one? : Can never keep them straight. Better be careful Ror...you're playin with fire. I almost named my boat the wife eliminator.

I know nothing about Jacuzzi pumps, but that is what my VJB buddies are for

Plus your house is closer to my work, so when she kicks me out...how much you charging for rent

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Remember Rory he's been single a while... Don't bite off more than you can chew!!! LOL
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com
    Cell: 916-517-9325 Fax: 916-467-4499 Email: david@nationwideme.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information