DSI Top
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banks BBC twin turbo set up for sale

NUTTZ

Banks BBC twin turbo set up for sale

Banks twin turbo set up complete BBC not mine
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=18641...lpid=1&search=
    Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

Re: Banks BBC twin turbo set up for sale

I've noticed a few turbos for sale on KSL lately. If someone was good at bending S/S tubing, they can make a pretty good setup out of a few of them.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

TheGail Banks BBF was $10,000 in Illinois I was corosponding about and he wouldnt budge....with a rolling start I would think turbo would be a much better option for boats over nitro or nitrous....I am sure some Chevy guy would would want that!
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

I had a set of banks manifolds with waste gate provisions. I wanted to convert them into a blow through deal....but was told they would be too restrictive for my motor. (t4flange ect). Some day.....a couple of the jet/turbo guys over on pb are struggling to keep the boost down. Those restrictive manifolds just might have worked well after all.....I dunno. Some day I will have boost. lol

Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO link=topic=1356.msg16780#msg16780 date=1325255994
    I had a set of banks manifolds with waste gate provisions. I wanted to convert them into a blow through deal....but was told they would be too restrictive for my motor. (t4flange ect). Some day.....a couple of the jet/turbo guys over on pb are struggling to keep the boost down. Those restrictive manifolds just might have worked well after all.....I dunno. Some day I will have boost. lol
    I'm with you there Kreg! Boost is a wonderful thing. In a marine setup, there are different hurdles, then in an automotive application. since a boat is always under load (unlike cars) you almost have to use turbos that A/R curve seems to big, that meaning, the boost comes in a little later and softer, in the higher RPM's. I know 2 guys that had Twin Turbo Capsule Boats, that finaly went with blowers. Just a little atmospheric pressure change, and POW, they'd run a high 6 second pass and blow right out of the 7 second class they ran in! In a lake boat, I think it would be awesome for a play boat!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

I dont post too often here but here is a video of a 1972 Glastron / Carlson with a Banks twin turbo BBC , i believe it was pushing around 800 hp and pushing the boat to 87 +/- mph . not bad considering CV21's are pretty heavy .

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Put a diverted on that puppy and I bet it would perform just a little better.
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

t8ersalad

No doubt.

The banks system is ok for low boost...there is a reason almost everything these days is blow through. The thing I dig about turbos in general besides the fact that it "free" as opposed to a parasitic power add on. Number one...when its not boosted/lower r's...you just have a mild mannered low compression/mild cammed motor. Why would you need power help in a jet right off idle any way :..or even to 3.5k plus r's . The second is the fact that the back pressure is actually beneficial for the rotating assembly. I am sure there is a more scientific way to explain it....I asked on the turbo forums a while ago....and the response that I got was that it provided a dampening effect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information