DSI Top

Thread: Performance Engine Building Facts & Data Sheet

Performance Engine Building Facts & Data Sheet

Heres a link to some very good info on performance engine building, as well as a lot of pertinent information about the individual components, when deciding on what parts work well together & why!
    http://www.speedomotive.com/t-showbymodel.aspx

Just wanted to update this thread with a boat load of "calculators" for just about anything performance related!
    http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm
    Last edited by 78_Tahiti; 07-02-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: new link

t8ersalad

Re: Performance Engine Building Facts & Data Sheet

Thank you sir.

Great information!!! Thanks Steve!!
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Quote Originally Posted by 78_Tahiti View Post
    Heres a link to some very good info on performance engine building, as well as a lot of pertinent information about the individual components, when deciding on what parts work well together & why!
    http://www.speedomotive.com/t-showbymodel.aspx

Just wanted to update this thread with a boat load of "calculators" for just about anything performance related!
    http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm
    I just wanted to throw out there that I have a VERY good Dyno Sim loaded on my comp and if any of you out there have Q's/want build advise on an engine build, just holler and we can get together and crunch some #'s .
    Rob
    Rob Hawes-Anchorage Rod Works-Anchorage, Alaska
    "Alaska Hawaii, Shipping Here Is Terrible!" (AH, $hit Club)

5. The following 3 users Like White Lightning's post:

Quote Originally Posted by White Lightning View Post
    I just wanted to throw out there that I have a VERY good Dyno Sim loaded on my comp and if any of you out there have Q's/want build advise on an engine build, just holler and we can get together and crunch some #'s .
    Rob
    Thanks Rob! It sure can make deciding which cam to go with, or which heads would really help a build, instead of guessing! I'm sure we will be discussing some combos in the near future,
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Hello, Steve and Rob Maybe You have heard of this guy but he works on 429/460"s exclusively. His name Paul Kane He is very knowlegible and will answer all questions no problem. I'm taking my block over to him next week, He has a sattellite shop in Santa Clara. His website is WWW.highflowdynamics.com/ Has phone# on it. Happy new years Guys!! johnf (PS) Rob can check his Dyno to what Paul thinks HEHE

8. The following user Likes johnf's post:

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    Hello, Steve and Rob Maybe You have heard of this guy but he works on 429/460"s exclusively. His name Paul Kane He is very knowlegible and will answer all questions no problem. I'm taking my block over to him next week, He has a sattellite shop in Santa Clara. His website is WWW.highflowdynamics.com/ Has phone# on it. Happy new years Guys!! johnf (PS) Rob can check his Dyno to what Paul thinks HEHE
    John,
    460.com is my primary-go-to BBF site. I've had the great pleasure of doing business with Paul and I can truithfully say that I enjoy his intellect, personality and extensive knowledge very, very much. Paul and I are 'friends' and share quite a few interests.....not only the 385 series Fords but Paul and I both front Rock Bands and we've exchanged CD's of each others work (he has a great voice too!). Paul frequents several sites including 429-460Ford.com . You won't find very many people that are easier do deal with. I can't say enough good things about him.
    That being said there are many Ford gurus on the 460ford site. Anybody with a 385 series Ford motor would do themselves a dis-service if they didn't use thier services and hundreds of years worth of knowledge. (IMHO).
    lol I'd be happy to pit my dyno program against Paul's experience (in a friendly way). My money's on Paul.
    One final thing....Paul is also a jet boat owner and has an absolutely beautiful boat....I'm envious! lol Ask him about it. He has pics and a vid of it doing a wheelie posted somewhere on the interweb.
    Rob

10. The following user Likes White Lightning's post:

Quote Originally Posted by 78_Tahiti View Post
    Thanks Rob! It sure can make deciding which cam to go with, or which heads would really help a build, instead of guessing! I'm sure we will be discussing some combos in the near future,
    Sounds like a plan!
    Rob

I agree completely with Rob, about Paul Kane! aka: lakesonly on a few message boards. I have talked to Paul a few times in the past, He is an awesome person to talk to about 385 engines. Paul Kanes website is also very interesting. http://www.highflowdynamics.com/ Scotty over at ReinCarnation (known as he madporter) can tell you pretty much about any ford heads. website http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com/products check them out! I'm sure you'll find it interesting!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Thread Information