Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New owner, glad to find this NW group!

New owner, glad to find this NW group!

Hi, Just bought my boat a couple of months ago. I still haven't splashed it. I am really glad to find this part of the forum though it will be cool to know what's going on here in Washington (Oregon too ;D ). Alex

Re: New owner, glad to find this NW group!

welcome aboard=most of us are in norcal-but forever expanding to the greater depths of the jet boats world-you can also find info in washington at skaginboats-

so wheres the pics of your float -what kind is it and where is arlington

Quote Originally Posted by halfdome link=topic=423.msg3223#msg3223 date=1292725041
    Hi, Just bought my boat a couple of months ago. I still haven't splashed it. I am really glad to find this part of the forum though it will be cool to know what's going on here in Washington (Oregon too ;D ). Alex
    Hi Alex. Welcome to the world of Jetboating. There is a large group of jet boaters in Washington. Many regularly boat on the Snohomish River as well.....John

I have a few pictures I can post but all are on the trailer. I live in Arlington Heights about 3 miles out of town. I have heard about some secret bar downriver from Snohomish but I have no idea where it would be as that whole area is a dike I thought??? I can't wait for summer so I can try and find you guys. The Snohomish seems like a great place for a jet. My boat is a 73 Southwind with a 545 and a Jucuzzi wj. I am currently installing a sound system in it, if I can get that finished by Thursday; I can take pictures and post them (The rumor is that there will be sun on Thursday :)). Appreciate any local info and thanks, Alex

good choice on your boat-i have 4 --2 18fters and 2 swtd-have owned one of the 18 since 82-great boats

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Sun in Washington??? What are these myths you speak of??? LOL
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

That is pretty funny, you can't even count on sun in July here and I'm banking on a photo session in December??? I have a jet-sled too and I've run the lower snohomish, but where do you launch a nice boat? Maybe at that little park on the old river road, just down from Lowell? Anyway, I've wanted a jet since I was a kid and decided it was now or never. I really like this boat.

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

pm jrork or runaway and I'm sure they can fill you in on the goings on up there...
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Quote Originally Posted by David link=topic=423.msg3555#msg3555 date=1293585915
    pm jrork or runaway and I'm sure they can fill you in on the goings on up there...
    The launch is at Rotary Park, near Lowell. $5 launch fee. If you go south on the river about 3 miles I think there is a big sandbar that everyone meets at. Of course you have to deal with tides. :) But other than a few fisherman the river usually belongs to the jet boats so no one hassles us much.

Thanks for that info even if I'm late getting back. For whatever reason my browser (firefox) has a real problem accessing this site. No idea why. Anyway, thanks again and I can't wait to put it in the water. That launch at Lowell is about 15 minutes from where I work, so I should be able to hit it on weekdays too :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information