DSI Top
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tarva Custom Boats

Tarva Custom Boats

Here is a photo of my 1981 Tarva Custom Boats 21' Mini Day Cruiser. I'm trying to find out any information about the brand so please let me know what you know about these boats. From what I have gathered so far they were built in Clovis, Ca from 1975-1983 and only about 13 were built. I bought mine from the second owner who had it garaged for 12 years, the first owner was literally his best friend who had bought the boat new from the factory and had it for 18 years prior. The boat is in amazing original condition and had only 268 hours on the meter. The 5.7 Mercruiser was rebuilt at 198 hours. The original gel coat is intact and it runs perfect so I'm going to concentrate on the interior this fall. I'm planning to replace the carpet and make repairs to a few pieces of the seat upholstery that are coming apart at the seams. I ordered the teak to replace the back swim steps allready. I want to get the old name off the sides of the boat. The prior owner began this work he said by using rubbing compound and elbow greese to preserve the gelcoat underneath, does anyone know an easier way or product to get off 30 year old airbrushed paint from the gelcoat without damage? Any information about Tarva's if you have owned one or know about them would be appreciated. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04516b.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	8351

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Re: Tarva Custom Boats

Hey there AZP, welcome to VintageJetBoats.com

Those are some nice lines on that hull... Good luck on your fact finding mission...
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

we too have a tarva. I traded my quad for this one for my daughter and we really like it. And yes there is a story about them I know it but its a long story to chat here on the board

That's one great looking Tarva!!! Thanks for your reply. I would love to see any more photo's you have of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 454 blue boat link=topic=815.msg9008#msg9008 date=1307562922
    we too have a tarva. I traded my quad for this one for my daughter and we really like it. And yes there is a story about them I know it but its a long story to chat here on the board

I've heard of easy adoptions but trading a quad for a boat and a daughter is an awesome deal!!!!
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Man! I dont know how you guys find deals like that! It just amazes me!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

I have a couple of dogs I'll trade for a 454... :)
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

More info on my Tarva and these boats in general at www.facebook.com/tarvacustomboats

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

I also own one, built in Clovis (Fresno) CA. Sturdy full-stringer boat, not too fast (according to builder, has some "hook" built into hull), but solid. Have talked with the guy that built mine a few times, owns Fiberglass Unlimited. I'm sure more than 13 were built, however....I've seen about 9 locally at the lake. Was called "Mr. Ed" before Tarva.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information