DSI Top

Thread: Looking for cool hang-out spots

Looking for cool hang-out spots

Jetting around on Belews Creek for last 7 years on waverunner. Never really been around other local lakes in NC other than Gaston when I was a kid, and I camped last year at Baden on fathers day, nice lake. Since I got jetboat this year, looking for some more cool hang-out spots within "weekend" type trip distance from Triad. Any suggestions appreciated.....
    1979 Taylor SJ 388 SBC Berkeley JE w/ Dominator Bowl and Dominator B Impeller Manual Place Diverter w/ FTN

Re: Looking for cool hang-out spots

As Kool as that Taylor Jet Boat you have is! I dont think you'll have any problems making new friends wherever you end up getting her wet at!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

I took my Caribbean Hardin Marine to Lake Jordan last Saturday and had a pretty good time. There was enough wind and traffic to create some chop, but the lake is big enough that you don't get crammed into an area with wakeboard boats putting up big waves. The lake has a nice little "party cove" that was nearly full. And just as I was about to take out, I got passed by a beautful twin outboard powered cat, probably 27' - 30' long. Falls Lake is almost in my back yard, but it's more of a river than a lake for the most part.

We have great places to use our jets here in Lake County FL. The harris chain of lakes has many places to stop and buy fod and drinks and on any given week end we have a number of jets and other hot boats that hang out at "the springs" sand bottem beach with a nice shallow area to BS and check out the view.
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

The really cool people hang out at Utah Lake!!!
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

6. The following 2 users Like wolfie's post:

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    The really cool people hang out at Utah Lake!!!
    I have been to both locations (all over Florida and Utah). Both have great scenery...Utah has mountains and girls in garments and Florida has mud and grass and girls not wearing much more than dental floss. (And that comes off after a few drinks!!) Advantage Florida.
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

8. The following 4 users Like "THE ADVOCATE"'s post:

Quote Originally Posted by "THE ADVOCATE" View Post
    I have been to both locations (all over Florida and Utah). Both have great scenery...Utah has mountains and girls in garments and Florida has mud and grass and girls not wearing much more than dental floss. (And that comes off after a few drinks!!) Advantage Florida.
    You're hanging with the wrong girls then Jason!!!
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

we will be at belews creek May 3-5 2013, should be 10-15 boats or maybe more, this is our 3rd year there so getting bigger. check us out if u still boat there, will be over in front of the power plant with the clown thing? not sure about the area. close to the landing there?

Although I'd hoped to make this, I had to work at the last minute. How did this event turn out? Would love to have some of you guys join me at Lake Jordan or Falls Lake sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by louhodg View Post
    Although I'd hoped to make this, I had to work at the last minute. How did this event turn out? Would love to have some of you guys join me at Lake Jordan or Falls Lake sometime.
    We had 7 boats there, about 6 no showed due to the weather.... i know a few guys up ur way one was gona show but didnt?
    We will be here there and everywhere.... let me know ill get some guys together and make a trip. there are a few trips from sc to va.... sure we will meet up somewhere
    along the lines.

Thread Information