DSI Top
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Papp Memorial Run Lake elsinore 1-8-11

Re: Tom Papp Memorial Run Lake elsinore 1-8-11

I understand Nordie, I am much like you! I spend a great deal of time on preventitive maintanence, as well as checking everything out at least monthly! Unless I was struck by lightning! (which may happen, LOL) I back the old girl in. pull out the truck and trailer, and I'm ready to go. Period! I really enjoy my vintage jetboat. So, needless to say, I go myself half the time. And enjoy myself completely. Matter of fact I did a little "One Man Boat Launch Pictorial" at the Sacramento River a while back. Heres a link if your interested. http://vintagejetboats.com/forum/index.php?topic=473.0
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

I'm the same way 78. When I go to the river, I do NOT want to be wrenching on my stuff like, it seems, alot of my buddies are always doing. ::) Thats why I was quite aggravated this time, because I stay up on my PM. Been looking all morning, thru the wiring, not finding any thing, then lo and behold a grnd wire on the terminal strip was broke. The way it broke, was very difficult to spot. Thanks for the pointers guys. Mark

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Nice catch Steve!!! (sticking that in my memory bank for retrieval down the road)
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Nice catch Steve!!! (sticking that in my memory bank for retrieval down the road)
    Thanks David. I really enjoy trying to give real advice, to help a fellow enthusiest! Believe me learning most of this **** first hand was not near as easy as passing the knowledge learnt from it!

posted 92 pics in my gallery from the event-about 120 boats -got most of them-that 32 duece caught my eye as i was driving to pomona friday-couldnt pass it up=alot of nice hardware-had the pleasure of meeting mr papps mom and sister-they looked very pleased with the turn out-the cove where everyone went to was nice-the entrance to it was small -got kinda crazy when boats started to run - like an ocean-tried to run a solo pass but got squirrlly on take-off and then got airborne and didnt take another run=alot of video on performance and socaljet boat sites-alot of unhappy boaters-got to meet some of the boaters from the boards-tim{futs -swtd guru} nick valore of mad skills check out his 2 into one exhaust system pics # 4/5-boost and chromey-and brad from socaljetboats and a few others that i cant remember right off hand=omd goin on-all in all a good time

Looks like it was a gas! nice pics man! I bet that was kool meeting some of the so cal guys. Its funny, it seems most of the people I know, relative to boating, have unusual names. Like Bwurst, Chili, Just Squirtin! HAHA!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Hey Doug thanks for taking the time to upload ALL those pics (Click here). Man you got a ton of them!!
    There were some very cool rides there, Nick's 8 in to 1 exhaust is one I watched him fab up on FB.
    That dual pump is way cool!!!
    Some very nice paint schemes too on a few of those rides!!
    Too bad the water wasn't nicer to get some good runs in.... :(
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information