DSI Top
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrolton, Ky 2011

Carrolton, Ky 2011

We have a fantastic oportunity for a huge get together next year. Carrolton Kentucky is wide open for a boating event,..
    I,d like to see 3 -4 days of pleasure boating, a poker run, a midway setup with t-shirts and food for sale. A parts swap and sell.
    This is right on the Ohio River. Some people remember this as The RUMBLE on the River. Used to be an outboards only event.
    Due to the economy and other issues it died. Lets open this up to all boaters for a fun filled weekend once again. This is a sleepy little river town with a great place to boat on the Ohio River. Lots of reasonably priced quality hotels and a town council that has welcomed us with open arms for the last 9 years. In 2010 it died. For starters for the 2011 event I need input on the event date. Its was usually around the 2nd.-3rd week of August. Dam hot! And since its not a race now, why not? A nice summer 3-4 day party.
    Steve, Roy,Chris, Greg, Rob, Lenn, Darrel, will help out. The park is nice and lots of room for boats, camping, restrooms, etc. Fuel, quickmarts, food, lodging all within 5 miles. Factory outlet mall for the girls to go spend some time away from the boating gig if they want. My thought is, I want to contact the city of Carrolton Ky soon after the first of Jan 2011 and let them know of our intentions for a 3-4 day event. Just need to reserve the park and have the police patrol it. And for you late nite boaters, theres the TIKI Bar right next to the park. We can get some live entertainment there if you like. (Band). Interested? Steve and I will do the leg work. We can be there in 45 minutes. And for you hardcore boaters, yes, there is a WAFFLE HOUSE ! Give me your thoughts. Thanx, Raider
    Welcome to Hamilton,Ohio
    The city that offers you NOTHING!

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Re: Carrolton, Ky 2011

Raider you are a man with a plan!!!! When you get a for sure date let me know and I will promote it here for sure. I have id's at other forums and will get it posted at those as well....
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

Quote Originally Posted by David link=topic=311.msg2064#msg2064 date=1288237803
    Raider you are a man with a plan!!!! When you get a for sure date let me know and I will promote it here for sure. I have id's at other forums and will get it posted at those as well....
    DITTO!!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Just call me "Infidel" Site Admin David's Avatar

Thanks Steve!!
    Nationwide Insurance Agent www.DavidSantanaInsurance.com Office: 916-429-4741
    Fax: 916-467-4499 Cell: 916-517-9325 Email: santad2@nationwide.com

I know its a old post but r u still doing the get toghether ...its 2011 in may ..i work in carrolton ... Got about 4 buds that have vjb..let me know if its a go

The date is July 29 - 31. There will be a post on the event soon. Raider
    Welcome to Hamilton,Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by LakeRaider link=topic=311.msg8463#msg8463 date=1306443539
    The date is July 29 - 31. There will be a post on the event soon. Raider
    Kool Raider! nice to see long term plans like this start to become official! Hows the Dragon doin?

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

And who won? You or the neighbors dogs!!!
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

Spike is fine. The neighbors damn dogs know something isn,t right down here and the damn things went nockturnal on me. They are now random nite yard crappers. I know the Chow is the ring leader so his azz is the instigator! The two Austrailian ugly mutts are not barking anymore giving up there position. And now, some morons up the street got there kid a freekin goat. WTF is up with that? Goats ain,t pets, after all, they make pepperoni out of goat meat! I think they,re in kahoots with the goat. Red suggested we waterboard the goat and make it talk! As for the Chow, all that long hair, we,re talkin some kind of aerial glue bomb. Yeah, that,ll work! Later,Raider
    Welcome to Hamilton,Ohio

Wow! I didn't know they allowed those self-propelled weed eaters in your part of the country! I've seen quite a few of them around here lately! Even caught a glimpse of a guy helping one that must have been stuck on a fence, his face was all red, and He was pushing like mad!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information