DSI Top

Thread: Need help with jacuzzi jet drive

Need help with jacuzzi jet drive

My son talked me into restoring my '76 19' Sleekcraft that has been sitting out in the lovely Ohio weather for the last 15 years. I am having new wood glassed in right now. I plan on building a twin turbo BBC running around 8lbs of boost, but occasionally she may see upwards of 15, which should make 500-750 HP. The drive, which I do not know much about, is a Jacuzzi WJ. I would like to rebuild instead of replacing with a Berkely or such. Can anyone help me with sizing an impeller for this drive? Would it be better to buy the energizer kit, or just add a diverter? Any upgrades or modifications recommended to improve performance? Any information, opinions, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

image.jpeg  

Re: Need help with jacuzzi jet drive

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    My son talked me into restoring my '76 19' Sleekcraft that has been sitting out in the lovely Ohio weather for the last 15 years. I am having new wood glassed in right now. I plan on building a twin turbo BBC running around 8lbs of boost, but occasionally she may see upwards of 15, which should make 500-750 HP. The drive, which I do not know much about, is a Jacuzzi WJ. I would like to rebuild instead of replacing with a Berkely or such. Can anyone help me with sizing an impeller for this drive? Would it be better to buy the energizer kit, or just add a diverter? Any upgrades or modifications recommended to improve performance? Any information, opinions, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your input.
    I would go with the energizer kit, even though it's pretty pricey. Keep us updated with pics...
    Last edited by T8er S.; 03-28-2020 at 07:53 AM. Reason: former sleeker

Thread Information