Thread: Gas pedal for left foot?

Gas pedal for left foot?

My shifter came apart yesterday and broke the throttle cable so I am considering making the upgrade to a hot foot gas pedal. My driver seat is on the right and because of the way the boat is shaped I have no room for a gas pedal on the right side. Has anyone mounted a throttle pedal to use with your left foot? Just wondering if it would be awkward to drive since we are all used to driving with our right legs.

Re: Gas pedal for left foot?

Quote Originally Posted by Jons999 View Post
    My shifter came apart yesterday and broke the throttle cable so I am considering making the upgrade to a hot foot gas pedal. My driver seat is on the right and because of the way the boat is shaped I have no room for a gas pedal on the right side. Has anyone mounted a throttle pedal to use with your left foot? Just wondering if it would be awkward to drive since we are all used to driving with our right legs.
    Floored is floored, you'd get used to using the left foot.
    Last edited by T8er S.; 07-08-2019 at 04:25 PM. Reason: lefty lead

3. The following user Likes T8er S.'s post:

Both my boats are right hand drives with Hot Foots on the left,mounted through the hull.Here is South Africa we are used to accelerating with the right foot when driving cars & the adjustment was no problem at all. I have also hopped into a left hand drive boat with foot throttle straight from mine with no problem at all.Yep..."floored is floored" !

5. The following user Likes 8th1da's post:

Well after living in Florida for 16 yrs, I can personally attest that is how a LOT of drive through were invented by using the left foot....drive thru 7-11, drive thru Dental office, drive thru vasectomy clinics....oh wait, that may have been intentional!
    Last edited by AG6; 07-21-2019 at 12:43 PM. Reason: if it weren’t true, it wouldn’t be funny!!
    AG6= Amazing Grace VI *
    1980 BIESEMEYER 27' VIKING

Thread Information