Thread: Colorado Lakes

Colorado Lakes

Just moved to Colorado Springs, anyone in the local area? Also, where is a good place to take the boat? I heard Pueblo Res isnít too bad.

Re: Colorado Lakes

Pueblo is probably the best. Many coves to hang out in. The only thing really lacking is a good bar/restaurant. The North Marina has a grill, and their food is decent. We don't hit the North Marina too often, very few available dock slots, sometimes we idle around for 20-30min before one opens up. They also have a small store with supplies, food items, and beer/soda/etc. The South Marina has a similar setup, no hot grill though. It is always easier to find a parking spot at the South Marina. Both have gas grills, but I think those are only available to slip renters.

Cherry Creek Reservoir is nice, but pretty small. They have a weird thing there with pylons set up, and if I remember right you are supposed to go in a counterclockwise direction in circles around the lake. I got hassled every time I went there 'cause I cruised around where ever I wanted. Got/returned the finger alot .... alot. Which resulted in much giggling on my part. They do have a really nice picnic area on the shoreline, with a shallow, sand bar type area so you can anchor in 3' of water 20-30' from the beach. Lots of picnic tables and large shade trees. I stopped at their marina once, and I don't think they have much of a store as I never went there again; that was probably 10yrs ago, may have changed since then.

There is nothing in the Springs unless you want to go to Prospect Lake. Last time I checked, which was years ago, they charged ~$300/yr for a membership.
    '78 Glastron/Carlson CV23 - 429/Berkeley; '64 Ford Falcon 'vert; '04 Saab 95 Aero
    Bradley GTE Electric; '99 Tahoe, 2000 Big Dog Bulldog

Thanks man! Do you store your boat down near Pueblo or tow back and forth from the Springs? Also thinking I might take a long trip up to Gunnison if they allow boating on that large reservoir.

I store both floats at home, tow back and forth.
    Blue Mesa is a nice lake. Dragging the boat over Monarch pass sucks. Last time I was boating there I had a Wellcraft Nova II; 26' offshore cuddy; my big block Suburban had a hell of a time getting it over the pass.
    The lake is very low right now; unless there is a significant increase in snowpack there may not be much boating there next Summer. Don't plan on any real watersports there unless you have proper gear; that water is COLD!
    '78 Glastron/Carlson CV23 - 429/Berkeley; '64 Ford Falcon 'vert; '04 Saab 95 Aero
    Bradley GTE Electric; '99 Tahoe, 2000 Big Dog Bulldog

Thread Information