DSI Top
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help about a 1940's Minn Kota trolling boat motor

Help about a 1940's Minn Kota trolling boat motor

Hi all! So I found a vintage (late 40's?) Minn Kota trolling boat motor in my father in laws huge hoard (collection) of STUFF! It says Pioneer but I was told it was made by Minn Kota for a Pioneer boat.

A educated guess by a man online is that it's model 1601, 6 or 12 Volt, and approximate 20lbs thrust.

I'd like to sell this on my Etsy shop but I just have no idea what the value would be? It looks really cool and retro with light blue/gray paint. Has some wear to the metal but not horrible. It is much smaller than boat motors I grew up seeing, the top part is only 6" or 7" long (left to right looking at it head on.)

I am totally out of my element here and would be so appreciative if any of you guys could either tell me more about this and possibly what price I could sell this for? I can't find a whole lot about it online, is it a quality engine? Is it rare? Thank you all so much in advance! Happy boating! =) =)

Re: Help about a 1940's Minn Kota trolling boat motor

wow Christin, that is an unusual item, for a bunch of jet boat guys. However, there is a lot of diversity in this bunch. Lets see who chimes in.
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

You know, I have thought about a little light weight trolling motor so I wouldn't have to paddle when I break or run out of gas LOL.
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

Sure would be nice to not have to paddle back or get a tow... It would have to stay hidden till needed though can't be seen in a fishing boat lmao

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information