Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1977 Spectra 18' for sale

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Re: 1977 Spectra 18' for sale

The engine is new Dean, the gel has some spider webs. Focus, don't bring peoples adds down.
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

2. The following user Likes "THE ADVOCATE"'s post:

The hot-rods are my main hobby my dad, brother, and myself all have a few and get together to wrench on them during the weekends.

Block wasn't cracked. On my first run out in the boat a rod let loose which hit hammered the lower side of the block and quickly locked up. The machinist I use had to go oversize on that one cylinder and installed a sleeve and bored back to stock dimensions. I went back with a oem set of 460 rods.

We had a pretty hard winter here (for Houston) but I flushed all of the water out and filled the block with RV/Marine antifreeze.

I can get some more photos of the gel coat. The original owner had everything above the belt re-coated and they did an ok job, you can see some discoloration in the wood-grain but for its age its very serviceable.

Hi,
    ‘my apologies for mix up. I simply mis-read your description. Hope it didn’t cause a fuss? Just my old eyes, and your beautiful boat. Wish I had the cash....Dean.
    AG6= Amazing Grace VI *
    1980 BIESEMEYER 27' VIKING

Well I'm back again. Thought I would bump this thread.

I didnt really push selling the boat since last I posted it and let the thread die (didnt post it elsewhere) I recently pumped all the old fuel out and changed the fuel filters. The carb needs to be rebuilt and should fire right up. Just need the boat to go to a good home.

To update the thread the boat looks about like it does in the photos posted, the cast iron intake has some rust spots showing up and the trailer needs tires otherwise about the same.

Make me a offer on the boat as I said I'd like it to go to a good home and leave some room for the new owner. I will try to get the carb cleaned out just dont have alot of time to do much with it lately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information