DSI Top
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cam timing advance?

Re: Cam timing advance?

Already switched to electronic ignition. No capacitor.
    Top of my list is ignition timing though. Seems as though trial and error is really the only right answer.
    Either way I’ll be having fun on the water.

2. The following user Likes wardjr's post:

Hey Bob,
    murres my $.02 for all its worth, and it ainít much. Eanyoneís as we should know by now are combustible air pumps.
    That being said, start with the obvious here. Exhausted outlets- are they clear and free flowing?
    Mare the heads free from mismatched gaskets/block to heads, intake tract free from obstruction also, carb matched to engines CFM flow rate? Does it have a acceptable amount of fuel to air ratio through the power
    band? What about air filtration, is it restricting flow? Then thereís the whole correct amount of spark voltage and correct plugs and wire? Correct coil voltage and resistance on wires? All this can be verified in a single weekend or a day with a buddies help and a delicious lunch !!!! You know what you got in that hull, just make a list
    ans have at it. You can do it!!!! Iíve seen your work brother, you got this. Dean 👍
    AG6= Amazing Grace VI *
    1980 BIESEMEYER 27' VIKING

Thanks everyone, for your ideas and support. I at least have an idea where to start now. I guess I’ll start checking things off the list.
    Item number 1. Thaw the lake!!!!
    The rest will follow.
    I will keep you all posted

Thanks guys

Bob

5. The following 3 users Like wardjr's post:

Quote Originally Posted by wardjr View Post
    Thanks everyone, for your ideas and support. I at least have an idea where to start now. I guess I’ll start checking things off the list.
    Item number 1. Thaw the lake!!!!
    The rest will follow.
    I will keep you all posted

Thanks guys

Bob
    I'm typing this from my campsite at lake shasta. No ice to be seen anywhere on the water.
    FIVE HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE CUBIC INCHES BABY
    I
    t's a budget build, the grocery budget.

7. The following user Likes Redeye1620's post:

AG6

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye1620 View Post
    I'm typing this from my campsite at lake shasta. No ice to be seen anywhere on the water.
    There is no question that today at -22 degrees, it definitely sucks to be me ;-)

So, your saying it needs to warm up 22 degrees just to be zero degrees???
    I’m thinking your boats not the only thing with a degree issues....❄️❄️❄️ Someone needs to let Al Gore know his theory is DEAD!!!! Hang in there a Bob, I’ll take pics of the Billy B’s Boat/Rod show in February for you. And to think it was 79* here today....sheeesh!!
    Last edited by AG6; 01-13-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: -22* that a bit nippley for me!!
    AG6= Amazing Grace VI *
    1980 BIESEMEYER 27' VIKING

I think I'm starting to get a feel for what you are talking about. sounds like the engine goes flat after 3500 rpm. or as we say "lays down" ,Almost every time this situation is present. It is a Carb issue. Holley DP's for the most part, are pretty fat {rich} out of the box. Sounds like when all the way in it, you may not have enough fuel volume, to support your engine demands, this is where an O2 sensor is nice. but with a clean set of plugs, a warmed up engine, make a hard pull up to 4400, hold there for about a minute, then shut the key off, and take a plug reading. a fuel pressure gauge, will help you see if your fuel system is up for the task as well.
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

11. The following 3 users Like 78_Tahiti's post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information