DSI Top

Thread: trailer position

76SLEEKCRAFT STREAKER dave flynn's Avatar

trailer position

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JPENGCOVER.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	19537Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jp2.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	19538I am not sure if this helps or if boat has been on this trailer but trailer does have sleek craft sticker.. When I ran the straight nozzle today with diverter it looked like just splashing water. And Porpoised badly. I was not even going to take picture. Don't give up on her.

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Re: trailer position

I don't think Sleek built trailers, just boats. As long as your stern is on the bunks you are fine! Just don't want the stern overhanging. I don't know if I posted this but I have been thinking, I lowered my ride plate almost 1 3/4" before she started to behave after JOV install. Keep in mind this makes a long and low rooster, my Sleek likes to ride a little wet just cuz its a (650lb) heavy lake layup hull. It took a couple expirements but I can get up on top of chop now, jump a little and still run when its a little iffy with confused water.
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

Super Mod

Old Ford 450hp motor, JOV, ride plate down almost 1 3/4". No grinders were taken to the nozzle in this vid.

Quote Originally Posted by "THE ADVOCATE" View Post
    I don't think Sleek built trailers, just boats. As long as your stern is on the bunks you are fine! Just don't want the stern overhanging. I don't know if I posted this but I have been thinking, I lowered my ride plate almost 1 3/4" before she started to behave after JOV install. Keep in mind this makes a long and low rooster, my Sleek likes to ride a little wet just cuz its a (650lb) heavy lake layup hull. It took a couple expirements but I can get up on top of chop now, jump a little and still run when its a little iffy with confused water.
    So where did you end up with your ride plate in relationship to the bottom of the boat. I am about a degree and a half up. Seems like most v bottom boats that I hear about at least end up in the 2-4* up range.
    I am still curious if he /op has a shoe and or a loader....and if so whats going on there

Super Mod

My ride plate is way down Kreg, way down! We will see what happens but my hull likes RPMs which my old motor couldn't provide unless at WFO.

Thread Information