Southwind Boats 916-600-6938

Thread: My son made it through basic training!

My son made it through basic training!

Just got back from the Navy Recruit Training Command in Great Lakes, Il. Very proud our son made it through. He graduated Friday morning; our flight was delayed several hours Thursday evening so we didn't get to our hotel until 3am, had to be at the base around 6:30am. His division was comprised of the bands, and all other performance recruits; he was an attendant and we were able to sit in his section and chat. Kind-of disappointing since he didn't get to really participate in the graduation as a whole. Friday was an unbelievably long day. After the graduation, he was free until 9pm, so we had lunch (finally some food!), then took the train from Waukegan to downtown Chicago and hit the Sears Tower (I know, it's not the Sears tower now, but it doesn't matter to me what name is on the building, it'll always be the Sears Tower to me).
    He was originally supposed to fly to Pensacola for A school at 2am Saturday, but it was pushed back to early Sunday morning; so we got to spend some more time with him Saturday before our flight home. He'll be an aircraft structural tech after A and possibly C school(s). Mamma was very happy he graduated, and he seems considerably more mature now.

It was great being back 'home', wish we could have stayed several days longer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cody at Navy Graduation.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	399.9 KB 
ID:	19444
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170513_102753_HDR-1_zpsnnskq4lq.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	19445
    '78 Glastron/Carlson CV23 - 429/Berkeley; '64 Ford Falcon 'vert; '04 Saab 95 Aero
    Bradley GTE Electric; '99 Tahoe, 2000 Big Dog Bulldog

2. The following 4 users Like 429CV23's post:

Re: My son made it through basic training!

I went in in the navy at 16 too. I was in San Diego before Clinton destroy the NTC BASE there. But i dit 5 yrs. taught me to live like aman instead o a boy. So Congrats to you all!!!
    AG6= Amazing Grace VI *
    1980 BIESEMEYER 27' VIKING

Congrats to your son. I have one in his 4th year in the Navy...
    He'll be able to use his training in the outside if he so desires.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Thank him for his service!
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

Thanks all! I drilled it in his head to choose a job that will give him a skillset he can use when he retires. He'll be an aircraft structural tech; he has to know all the systems and sign off on them before the aircraft is released after maintenance/repairs.
    '78 Glastron/Carlson CV23 - 429/Berkeley; '64 Ford Falcon 'vert; '04 Saab 95 Aero
    Bradley GTE Electric; '99 Tahoe, 2000 Big Dog Bulldog

7. The following user Likes 429CV23's post:

Thread Information