DSI Top
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: air-tona

air-tona

Some of you may recall my wreck on the way home from powell last sept. I figured the weather was getting close for glass so I pulled her off the trailer last weekend.
    If there is any interest I will post some progress pics as I go. I wish it wouldnt have happened...but it will be nice to have the bottom of the boat match the top....although the paint on top may have to wait until next winter. Summers are to short around here to spend on the trailer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	airselfie.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	19263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	air2.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	849.7 KB 
ID:	19264
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails air.jpg  

2. The following user Likes H20MOFO's post:

Re: air-tona

Heck yeah there's interest, from me anyway.
    Last edited by T8er S.; 02-20-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: hellahole

Quote Originally Posted by T8er S. View Post
    Heck yeah there's interest, from me anyway.
    Me too!!! Lots of pictures

5. The following user Likes wardjr's post:

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

I would have thought for sure a wall would have come down to get her in the living room! LOL
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

7. The following user Likes "THE ADVOCATE"'s post:

Atta boy! get on it. Did you get a trailer built?

Jason I measured last year....wanted to take it through the ft door but my door is 1'10" too short.
    Ram I took a trip to cali and drug back a trailer that had an 18' cheyenne on it at one point. It has some issues but I think if I throw some time and money at it it will work.
    Hind sight I probably would have passed on it.....but drove 1300 miles to get it and was desperate to get my boat back on a trailer to support it properly....and get it in the garage out of the weather.

10. The following 2 users Like H20MOFO's post:

Well, Ok I'll toss my hat in the ring too. Count me in. I had no idea that sucker opened up on you like
    that!! Can you get up into the sponsons for reinforcements? Thats a 21 or 19 footer? Think your going to be ready in time for Powell again?
    AG6= Amazing Grace VI *
    1980 BIESEMEYER 27' VIKING

Quote Originally Posted by AG6 View Post
    Well, Ok I'll toss my hat in the ring too. Count me in. I had no idea that sucker opened up on you like
    that!! Can you get up into the sponsons for reinforcements? Thats a 21 or 19 footer? Think your going to be ready in time for Powell again?
    I took a grinder to the damaged area yesterday....I will try and edit in a pic of what it looked like before I started cutting out the damage.
    I havent quite wrapped my head around how I am going to go about it....getiin up in the bow isnt really and option.
    As far as powell I should be golden for the fall trip....if there is a June trip that might be pushing it. Its a 21' btw

You can see from this angle the sponson has damage/a crack also.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hole.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	19265

Not sure it would help or not, but what about making an access panel to get in behind it so you can reinforce the damage? Just a thought. Maybe Roger has an idea to two? He's got the same one I think? Just tossing ideas out there, maybe something will stick? Let me know if I can help with anything. Dean.
    AG6= Amazing Grace VI *
    1980 BIESEMEYER 27' VIKING

I'm no expert in this, but looking at the first pic, it would appear to be a fairly good size hole in the right front along with the sponson crack. Even if you have to enlarge the main hole just a bit, could you take a piece of this stuff shown by Chad89gt? http://www.gurit.com/Our-Business/Co...rit-Corecell-M
    Use this to make a form that will fit inside against the remaining hull and then glass over it? Is there room to get 2 x 4 from driver/pass area to hold the corcell in place while glue dries? Got to be a way get something in there, (even in pieces) to create the shape to glass over...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information