DSI Top

Thread: Engine covers or sun decks

Engine covers or sun decks

Can anyone post some pics of engine covers? Maybe some as they were built? I have a Kona daycruiser that has one that is very simple, just plywood with upholstery. But, it sits on top oof the edge of the boat, and does not look "finished", . Iwould rather redo it and make it flush with the edge of the boat.

This will lower it a bit, and will force me to build a scoop, or install a fiberglass scoop, as my carb is almost touching the cover now.

Just looking for ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Re: Engine covers or sun decks

Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

Quote Originally Posted by "THE ADVOCATE" View Post
    i believe this is how it was originally. The person who owned it before me changed it to a full engine cover. I want to keep it with a full cover.

here is mine on my Kona. was done by another but functions well. fiberglass scoop. worm drive lift.

lets see more pics of yours

5. The following user Likes HydroHaulic's post:

Hey HydroHaulic! You and I are friends on Facebook, lol!! Yours is exactly what I want to do, Im looking for ideas of how to build it. To me, your Kona has just the look of the engine cover that I want.

sweet... it appears to be a 2x4 frame with cross members around the hood. maybe .5" plywood top and upholstered all around. held on the rear with 2 hinges. and the screw lift below... rests in the front on the rear seat back on a 2" ledge to match height of seat and top of cover...

seems fairly easy to measure up and getrdun...

good luck and keep us posted

Thread Information