Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter sucks.. what's everyone doing??

NUTTZ

Winter sucks.. what's everyone doing??

what upgrades or projects are you working on? what's every one planning for 2017? can you tell I'm bored and sick of white stuff and hard water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails die.png  

2. The following 2 users Like Sleek Freak's post:

Re: Winter sucks.. what's everyone doing??

Planning to buy a Place Diverter, new valve covers, a silver metal flake steering wheel, all new gauges and a completely re-wire the boat and trailer.

Not the performance based upgrades I wanted, so looking good will have to make up for being slow lol

4. The following 4 users Like Green_75_Eliminator's post:

NUTTZ

sounds like you have it handled and will be enjoying your summer in style.

6. The following user Likes Sleek Freak's post:

I have ALOT of glass work to do after my powell misadventure. Sucks that I have to wait for spring. I need heater for my garage like Laddie.
    Something wrong with that pic.....az guy has heated garage. Utah guy= no heater. lol Sucks too that I never did get to the bottom of my oil pressure issue.

8. The following 2 users Like H20MOFO's post:

NUTTZ

I have propane heaters and tanks if you need them.

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Last I heard Kreg you had a beautiful little wood stove, that and a small oscillating fan will get you to lite hoody temps in a hurry! Except for a few cosmetic things just waiting for liquid water and its test and tune time. Then fix everything all summer!!!!!!!
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

Well, I got most of my 6-71 stuff lined out....blower, snout, belt adjuster, manifold for OEM style heads (that I won't be using because I have early A-460 style heads) a new Trick Flow tunnel ram (for the A-460 heads) that I'm going to mount the blower on by making an adapter plate to go between. I've ordered all new bearings, seals, gaskets and bolts for the blower and manifold to blower, a crank drive hub that incorporates a crank trigger/ timing ring into it and a short MSD dizzy.
    Now, I know all you think that all that stuff is destined for 'Ol Thunder, but that's just not the case. I thought it over and I can't afford to build a bottom end for the boat motor that would handle 1,200 horse.......AND a whole other engine for the Rail too, so all the blower stuff is going into my Dragster and will be a blown injected alcohol set up. The boat will remain a dual quad tunnel ram pump gas down sized version of it's former self.....something that I can cruise all day on a tank full of affordable pump gas and pull the dentures out of skiers.
    Next round of parts for the almost 1,300 horse blown alcohol set up will include a Bird Catcher injection hat, a aluminum timing cover that mounts my fuel pump from Paul Kane, a fuel pump, pulleys and a big rubber band to drive it all. I'm waiting on my D0VE block so I can have the splayed 4 bolt center 3 main caps installed on it. I already have a forged 6061 Lunati 4.150" stroke crank, a set of GRP 6.8" aluminum rods and a set of Diamond 4.440" domed pistons (advertised at 14:1). I still have a few other pieces to buy yet.....like pan, oiling system, a roller cam and timing set, gaskets etc.
    Sorry guys.....I would have liked to have seen 'Ol Thunder get all the goodies but my budget just won't allow for that many Big Boys Toys.......
    Rob
    Rob Hawes-Anchorage Rod Works-Anchorage, Alaska
    "Alaska Hawaii, Shipping Here Is Terrible!" (AH, $hit Club)

12. The following 4 users Like White Lightning's post:

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Guess it sucks to be Rob....such dilemmas...:( Him single and all he has to nag at himself over goodies and where they will eat. I can hear him know, "Nintendos over boy, I pissed myself off and have to sleep on the couch tonight"
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

14. The following user Likes "THE ADVOCATE"'s post:

Quote Originally Posted by "THE ADVOCATE" View Post
    Guess it sucks to be Rob....such dilemmas...:( Him single and all he has to nag at himself over goodies and where they will eat. I can hear him know, "Nintendos over boy, I pissed myself off and have to sleep on the couch tonight"

ROFLMAO.........Oh, you don't know the half of it! lolol
    I will admit that things, financially speaking, are the best that they've been in the past 8 years......maybe I should have gotten rid of the 'other half' sooner lol.
    Rob
    Rob Hawes-Anchorage Rod Works-Anchorage, Alaska
    "Alaska Hawaii, Shipping Here Is Terrible!" (AH, $hit Club)

16. The following 2 users Like White Lightning's post:

Quote Originally Posted by "THE ADVOCATE" View Post
    Last I heard Kreg you had a beautiful little wood stove, that and a small oscillating fan will get you to lite hoody temps in a hurry! Except for a few cosmetic things just waiting for liquid water and its test and tune time. Then fix everything all summer!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the offer Roger....I have one as well. They put a ton of moisture in the air....I pretty sure I read/heard somewhere thats no bueno for fibreglass.
    I havent had the coin for triple wall pipe to get the stove rollin.....nor have I welded the holes in the top of the stove.
    It would have come in handy a few weeks back my furnace went into limp mode....was 51* in my house for the better part of the week.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information