DSI Top
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Impeller replacement

Re: Impeller replacement

JUST A THOUGHT, what if you removed the water hose at logs, and forced water, or air, backwards (toward the water pump, see if any bits come out that way?
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Ethylene glycol (regular green antifreeze) and rubber impellers get along fine. Propylene glycol (RV antifreeze) not so much, although the addition of conditioners has made it more friendly in recent years.

And that is a good thought I might do down the road if I have issues. I just went out there at lunch and pulled the hoses where I thought they would get caught. I looked in the hoses and I looked at the parts where the hoses would connect and found nothing. I didn't take the thermostat housing off to check there but if things start to get problematic, then I will dig deeper. Like I mentioned before I ran the water hose on the engine several times for a while and didn't get any overheating so hopefully they are long gone. I will update everyone once I get it out and test it on the lake.

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

OK, so seems good! GREAT!! But didn't WICKUS advise to never run the Hamilton out of water? It would be detrimental?? I really hope this is the right Bueller or my foot will be in my mouth again. :)
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

I never ever ran the jet pump out of water. The drive shaft has always been removed running the engine out of water. Only the engine I have run. I appreciate the advice again and anyone else looking here that is new. DO NOT RUN THE JET PUMP OUT OF WATER! EVER!!

6. The following 2 users Like Roller150's post:

Well at lunch I put the new impellers in. No problem getting them in. Will take to the lake this weekend and test it out.

8. The following 5 users Like Roller150's post:

Quote Originally Posted by Roller150 View Post
    Well at lunch I put the new impellers in. No problem getting them in. Will take to the lake this weekend and test it out.
    pictures or video, or it never happened!
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

10. The following user Likes 78_Tahiti's post:

Well I'm bad on taking pictures especially video. I would love to do it but at the time I'm so apprehensive getting this going and dealing with the ramp and people I'm sort of in a rush to get it going and not thinking of taking pictures. Well Saturday I got to test it out and it worked as should! Sucked right away and never overheated so all is well for now!! I was on a small local lake ripping it up and come to find out after reading about when the new ramp was opening I found out it was NO WAKE LAKE!!!!!! YIKES. I'm sure the fisherman were pissed at me making all sorts of waves for them. Now I can hit the big lake and open it up for a long time!

12. The following 3 users Like Roller150's post:

Roller150, Glad to hear the excellent outcome!! the fishermen will get over it... they get pissed when I pull into a cove cause mine is Loud, and take your time at the ramp... yes everyone wants in the water its hectic but its unbelievable the amount of boating mishaps that occur on the ramp or at the courtesy dock at the ramp... they will wait just like you may have had to and you can always tell the ones that have been in your shoes, they will lend a hand!! have an enjoyable summer in a classic boat!!

14. The following user Likes mully's post:

Thank you for the kind words and advice! Oh this was my first time launching a boat and recovering a boat. The launching wasn't a big deal but the recovery part is not as easy as one would think!! LOL Several attempts (6) figuring it out how to come in and control the speed and controlling the forward, reverse (not much control) I finally got it on the trailer.

16. The following 2 users Like Roller150's post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information