DSI Top

Thread: 1968 Buehler Turbocraft Hull Identifaction # Location

1968 Buehler Turbocraft Hull Identifaction # Location

I'm trying to find my hull number so I can register my boat in Texas. Its not anywhere on the outside of the boat in the normal locations you would think. Anyone else out there have any idea where is it could be? I have posted in the registration forum as well.

Re: 1968 Buehler Turbocraft Hull Identifaction # Location

They weren't required to have HIN numbers back then. Do you have a title? It would be on the outside of the transom on the upper right hand side. Look behind the dash, under the bow etc. If it's an out of state deal you'll have to get with the lake patrol to get a hin.
    Last edited by T8er S.; 03-28-2016 at 03:21 PM. Reason: first born

Ok thanks. I will look under the dash. I bought it from my uncle in WI. Where would they get the hull number for the title? I live in Texas so they require a picture or pencil marking of it. I have the hull number on the title but I need to find out where they got it. lol Thanks
    Last edited by Roller150; 03-28-2016 at 03:41 PM.

4. The following user Likes Roller150's post:

Not sure, when I got my SleekCraft, it was from Arkansas, I went to get it registered and we couldn't find a hin on the boat but there were numbers on the title. Turns out in Ark. they don't title the boat just the trailer so my title was worthless here in Ok. Had to get a bill of sale from previous owner and take it to the tag office. They checked to make sure it wasn't stolen then the lake cops came out and checked it out and gave me a hin decal.
    Last edited by T8er S.; 03-28-2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: not too bad

6. The following user Likes T8er S.'s post:

Interesting how a small brass plate with a number affixed to the stringer, is all many boat manufacturers used, before the required transom HIN came along.
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

Quote Originally Posted by T8er S. View Post
    Not sure, when I got my SleekCraft, it was from Arkansas, I went to get it registered and we couldn't find a hin on the boat but there were numbers on the title. Turns out in Ark. they don't title the boat just the trailer so my title was worthless here in Ok. Had to get a bill of sale from previous owner and take it to the tag office. They checked to make sure it wasn't stolen then the lake cops came out and checked it out and gave me a hin decal.
    Just so I'm understanding you correctly, OK. does not issue a title or require HIN's for boat's? What do they use to ID a vessel to prove it's not stolen?
    AG6= Amazing Grace VI *
    1980 BIESEMEYER 27' VIKING

Quote Originally Posted by AG6 View Post
    Just so I'm understanding you correctly, OK. does not issue a title or require HIN's for boat's? What do they use to ID a vessel to prove it's not stolen?
    No that would be Arkansas, they only title the trailer. Oklahoma titles the boat and not the trailer.
    Last edited by T8er S.; 04-01-2016 at 03:45 PM. Reason: with enough mulah you don't need no stinkin title

I got my boat trailer plate yesterday with only needing the bill of sale and serial number of the trailer. Now I take my boat for inspection tomorrow to the Texas Parks and Wildlife department for inspection to make sure its not stolen because I can not find the HIN number on the hull. They must issue a sticker once completed and then transfer the title over to my name with the new number. The title I have has a serial number for the hull but not on the boat. Pain in the butt! Hopefully I'm done with this process tomorrow. Then I can get it in the water for testing and fun!

11. The following user Likes Roller150's post:

Quote Originally Posted by Roller150 View Post
    I got my boat trailer plate yesterday with only needing the bill of sale and serial number of the trailer. Now I take my boat for inspection tomorrow to the Texas Parks and Wildlife department for inspection to make sure its not stolen because I can not find the HIN number on the hull. They must issue a sticker once completed and then transfer the title over to my name with the new number. The title I have has a serial number for the hull but not on the boat. Pain in the butt! Hopefully I'm done with this process tomorrow. Then I can get it in the water for testing and fun!
    Did you mean to you have a S/N for the trailer, but not for the hull? Otherwise the hull is the 'Boat'....Dean.
    Last edited by AG6; 04-05-2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Seeking clarity in the purple haze...
    AG6= Amazing Grace VI *
    1980 BIESEMEYER 27' VIKING

I have the serial number for the boat trailer only that is labeled on the trailer. I do not have a sticker or any tag stamping of the serial number for the actual boat. I only have the number listed on the title for the boat. There is no title required in Texas for trailers under 4000lbs. There is a required title for the boat.

Thread Information