DSI Top

Thread: pertronix

pertronix

How do you guys feel about pertronix modules? This is my first boat and jet boat. I've used these all the time on cars and work great. My boat still has stick points in its cap. I switched put to pertronix this afternoon buy keeping the points on board just in case.

Anyway wanted to know how yall like em on boat engines.

Re: pertronix

Big fan on my house boat engine. Chrysler 318 been running with pertronix for 10 years with no problems. I also have been carrying the old points just in case. Probably should read "too lazy to clean out the tool box".

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

I bought a kit for $110 and it wouldn't work in my marine dizzy. Since it was the night before I was supposed to be at the lake I picked up a brand new dizzy with new points for $32 bucks at Checker.
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

Quote Originally Posted by "THE ADVOCATE" View Post
    I bought a kit for $110 and it wouldn't work in my marine dizzy. Since it was the night before I was supposed to be at the lake I picked up a brand new dizzy with new points for $32 bucks at Checker.
    Did it not fit, or why wouldn't it work?

Super Mod

Bolt (tiny screw) pattern wouldn't line up and there was clearance issues. I have heard nothing but good reviews on the kit though! Just wouldn't work on whatever early model BBF marine dizzy was on there.

Awesome thanks for the replies. Mine bolted right in to the dizzy and fired right up. I marked timing before and after with no need to adjust.

7. The following user Likes Cosworth's post:

I had to make a few calls to get the correct one for my marine dizzy

9. The following user Likes wardjr's post:

Super Mod

I did to LOL. I ordered it from CP Marine 3 days before a camping trip. Paid the quick shipping and everything. It wasn't their fault though, that stupid dizzy had a couple coats of paint on it and they worked with me to try to get the correct kit. There is a long, painfull, funny story about those stupid points. Its way to long for the internet though, I will save it for the campfire on the beach somewhere!

11. The following user Likes "THE ADVOCATE"'s post:

Quote Originally Posted by "THE ADVOCATE" View Post
    I did to LOL. I ordered it from CP Marine 3 days before a camping trip. Paid the quick shipping and everything. It wasn't their fault though, that stupid dizzy had a couple coats of paint on it and they worked with me to try to get the correct kit. There is a long, painfull, funny story about those stupid points. Its way to long for the internet though, I will save it for the campfire on the beach somewhere!
    Powell in September!!!

13. The following user Likes wardjr's post:

I've run a Pertronix dizzy on my last few engines (cars and boats). Had no problems with them at all. Nothing of any magnitude as far as HP, but they worked perfectly.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

Thread Information