Thread: 460 front motor mount

460 front motor mount

I have an Armondo's oil pan ordered. But with the stock 460 3 point mount with the cross brace I'm thinking I need to move the center engine mounts to a front plate style. Anybody have a 4 point mount for a BBF for sale?
    FIVE HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE CUBIC INCHES BABY
    I
    t's a budget build, the grocery budget.

Re: 460 front motor mount

On the armondo's pan make sure the dip stick cut out in the windage tray is cut out enough for the dip stick to clear. Mine wasn't, and I didn't notice it until I had the engine all mounted in the boat.

I looked into this as well during my build. I thought about installing a 4-point front mount along with the stock rear bellhousing/mount. The stock rear mount isn't made to sustain that load. The stock center mounts bear nearly all the engine weight, while the rear mount doesn't bear much weight; it's more-or-less there for engine positioning. You'll need to go to front/rear 4-point mounts, or go to a rail mount, which is what I did since I wanted a top mount starter.
    '78 Glastron/Carlson CV23 - 429/Berkeley; '64 Ford Falcon 'vert; '04 Saab 95 Aero
    Bradley GTE Electric; '99 Tahoe, 2000 Big Dog Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by 78hallett View Post
    On the armondo's pan make sure the dip stick cut out in the windage tray is cut out enough for the dip stick to clear. Mine wasn't, and I didn't notice it until I had the engine all mounted in the boat.
    X2 Mine was fine while it was on the engine stand, then when I put oil in it and checked it it took some meticulous bending to get it past the windage tray!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 429CV23 View Post
    I looked into this as well during my build. I thought about installing a 4-point front mount along with the stock rear bellhousing/mount. The stock rear mount isn't made to sustain that load. The stock center mounts bear nearly all the engine weight, while the rear mount doesn't bear much weight; it's more-or-less there for engine positioning.
    I was thinking of using the stock side engine mounts minus the cross brace and add a front mount to replace the cross brace. This worked well in my olds rebuild when i went with a 10qt pan....
    FIVE HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE CUBIC INCHES BABY
    I
    t's a budget build, the grocery budget.

Thread Information