Southwind Boats 916-600-6938
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTB Jet Boat Hull / Trailer Project

WTB Jet Boat Hull / Trailer Project

Looking for a winter project. Would be my first jet boat. Ideally looking for something that has a solid hull and jet with trailer. No engine needed. Located in southern middle Tennessee. Willing to travel for the right deal.

Let me know what ya'll got!

Thanks!

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Re: WTB Jet Boat Hull / Trailer Project

Wellllll........Welcome to the site!!! We love spending others people money! :) But, we are going to need a lot more details on what your goals are. Family cruiser or drag boat, length desired, did you see some pics of a boat that started this worm in your head or are you looking for childhood nostalgia from an old family boat? Fair warning right now on your first post....there is no cure or 12 step program that can really cure what is this addiction.
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

3. The following 4 users Like "THE ADVOCATE"'s post:

Quote Originally Posted by "THE ADVOCATE" View Post
    Wellllll........Welcome to the site!!! We love spending others people money! :) But, we are going to need a lot more details on what your goals are. Family cruiser or drag boat, length desired, did you see some pics of a boat that started this worm in your head or are you looking for childhood nostalgia from an old family boat? Fair warning right now on your first post....there is no cure or 12 step program that can really cure what is this addiction.
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm looking for something for just bumming around on our local lake (10,000 acres). Planning a carb'd 5.3L LS for some simple lightweight horsepower. I have a 20' Sea Ray Cuddy Cabin now and had a 22' deck boat before that, now I'm looking to get something with some power just for fun.

I'm new to the jet boat scene (don't know much about them, but been doing a lot of reading). 4 seater would be nice. Bench in the back facing forward, I've seen some that face backward towards the motor... no thanks! probably 19' + / -. If I could find something that could handle a little chop decently, that'd be nice. The lake can get pretty rough some weekends.

I can't find the thread that got me hooked on the idea, it was a low budget restoration of a very chalky faded hull that he buffed back to a nice shine, replaced a couple stringers, reupholstered the seats and put together a cheap SBC mainly from used parts. Boat looked good and he was only in it for a couple grand.

That's what I'm looking for. Cheap hull with trailer that I can do a barebones build on. Junkyard 5.3 LS with Carb and MSD 6LS box and a decent cam. Probably some modified SBF O/T headers (maybe even use a set of used longtubes I have laying around and plumb them for wet) with LS flanges welded on.

These are along the lines of what I'm thinking:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	background1302.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	17456

Name:	76Nordic.JPG 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	17457

Name:	dbr1990.jpg 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	17458

I don't know if any of these will fit your fancy. 3 listings located here in Utah in this post.

http://www.vintagejetboats.com/showt...-couple-strays

Karsten

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    I don't know if any of these will fit your fancy. 3 listings located here in Utah in this post.

http://www.vintagejetboats.com/showt...-couple-strays

Karsten
    Thanks for the links! Utah is probably a bit too far for me travel for those. Would have be a REALLY good deal

Quote Originally Posted by mhprogrammer View Post
    Thanks for the links! Utah is probably a bit too far for me travel for those. Would have be a REALLY good deal
    I'm sure a road trip could be planned, it's been done in the past several times.
    FIVE HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE CUBIC INCHES BABY
    I
    t's a budget build, the grocery budget.

Kind of far for you but make offer with 18' Sanger or Sleekcraft Berkley 454&trailer?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0826151014.jpg   0826151016.jpg   0630131153.jpg   0826151015b.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye1620 View Post
    I'm sure a road trip could be planned, it's been done in the past several times.
    I'm not opposed to a road trip, but $1200 for an empty hull didn't seem like an amazing deal to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have been accused of being stingy at times!

So now we are shopping for the impossible?
    Maybe we need E few details about your idea of "winter project" and how much you are wanting to spend.
    that looks like some easy interior work and you'd be boating. Maybe I missed some details but make a low ball offer and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by wardjr View Post
    So now we are shopping for the impossible?
    Maybe we need E few details about your idea of "winter project" and how much you are wanting to spend.
    that looks like some easy interior work and you'd be boating. Maybe I missed some details but make a low ball offer and see what happens.
    My response above was directed at Redeye, who was talking about a road trip to Utah to get a gutted hull without jet for $1200, I don't think that's a good enough deal to justify a 3400 mile road trip. That'd be over $500 in fuel not including a couple nights in hotels and food, plus time off work...

As for Club Drew's boat, it does just look like some interior work and it'd be up and going. I might make him an offer, without trying to offend.

I'm looking to stick under $1000 for a hull with trailer and a pump. I've got plenty of time, I'm sure I will come across something. As I mentioned I recently missed one locally here that went for $300 with motor mounts, Basset headers, and berkley pump set up for BBC. I just wasn't quick enough at locating a trailer so i could go get it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information