DSI Top

Thread: Cover for the Glastron CV23

Cover for the Glastron CV23

FYI, I found an inexpensive cover for the CV23 from Amazon. The brand is Vortex. The 23-24' cover is a perfect fit for my new Carlson. The cover is a heavy canvas outer with a rubberized under side. I will add a vent to it so it will not hold the Sacramento heat. the cover comes with 10 tie down straps that have a ski vest type buckles. This is what it looks like out of the box. It will take time for the wrinkles to relax. $99 with free shipping. How can you go wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0913151252.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	17193

2. The following 5 users Like Redeye1620's post:

Re: Cover for the Glastron CV23

Is it trailerable?
    Let us know how it holds up and how well it travels. My CV23 had a nice, heavy, custom fit canvas cover that was awesome, but it must be 20+yrs old and has ripped in a few places the last couple years. I think the fabric is too old to repair, so I bought a semi custom fit trailerable cover with 7yr warranty from iBoats; was just over $300 with an adjustable vented support pole and straps. I'll probably have a cover made using the old cover as a pattern, but don't want to drop $800+ on a cover after just spending darn near that on a new carb.
    I don't like the new cover for trailering as it ends up just being a giant parachute no matter how tight I get the straps. The only thing nice about the new cover is it'll accommodate the original ladder I sourced once I get it refurbed and installed.
    '78 Glastron/Carlson CV23 - 429/Berkeley; '64 Ford Falcon 'vert; '04 Saab 95 Aero
    Bradley GTE Electric; '99 Tahoe, 2000 Big Dog Bulldog

4. The following user Likes 429CV23's post:

I don't trailer with the cover on so can't comment on that. Three years ago I purchased the same cover for my 21' day cruiser & it was still in good shape when I sold the boat back in June. At $99 you could get a new one every 3-4 years & still be money ahead....-Rich

6. The following user Likes Redeye1620's post:

AG6

David hooked me up with one from Pep Boys. Works great. Still going strong. I have it on the Sleek Craft year round. Sun and snow and it's still holding up well. I need to get the same thing for the SW.
    ****Disclaimer - I'm far from being an expert so you may want a second opinion!****

8. The following user Likes wolfie's post:

AG6

I just bought one for the Biesemeyer Viking and one for the Cruisers too. Both were 1200Denier coated polyesters. When I get back home I'll post how they fit. Dean

Update:
    Both fit very well, and are still in great shape. But... The Cruisers does have a considerable amount of fading to the Atlantic blue color. I am going to try to and have it replaced. It's supposed to be warrantied for this. The Biesemeyer is the Haze Gray color, it has several stains on it from dirt and debris from Summer storms. Not sure if this is a warranty matter. I'll add any additional updates if or when they happen?
    Last edited by AG6; 05-20-2016 at 06:39 PM. Reason: I'm going under cover....
    AG6= Amazing Grace VI *
    1980 BIESEMEYER 27' VIKING

Thread Information