DSI Top

Thread: Tip For Buying New Spark Plugs - Check 'em!

Tip For Buying New Spark Plugs - Check 'em!

Stopped at a local parts supplier today to grab a new set of plugs to get fresh reads on the new carb. Counter guy starts pulling the first 4pk box apart and opens the first plug box to find a used plug! Same with the other 3 in that 4pk, and the 4 in the second 4pk.
    He says it happens all the time. Wonder if that's why most of the crew that's been there the last few years seem to have all disappeared in the last couple weeks.
    '78 Glastron/Carlson CV23 - 429/Berkeley; '64 Ford Falcon 'vert; '04 Saab 95 Aero
    Bradley GTE Electric; '99 Tahoe, 2000 Big Dog Bulldog

2. The following user Likes 429CV23's post:

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Re: Tip For Buying New Spark Plugs - Check 'em!

Yikes! Luckily I had a set in the garage for the shake down run, but couldn't buy a set in SLC. Had to be ordered? Oh, and the dizzy that finally fit had to come from a '73 Ford town and country station wagon. O'Reilly tried to dumb blond my wife but got an ear full from my wife when she taught them some computer look up 460 parts LOL. Its a boat, lots of trucks and Galaxies had 460 motors...I am actually really proud! Came home and the right parts were there! Good job Marcee!
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

4. The following 3 users Like "THE ADVOCATE"'s post:

Quote Originally Posted by 429CV23 View Post
    Stopped at a local parts supplier today to grab a new set of plugs to get fresh reads on the new carb. Counter guy starts pulling the first 4pk box apart and opens the first plug box to find a used plug! Same with the other 3 in that 4pk, and the 4 in the second 4pk.
    He says it happens all the time. Wonder if that's why most of the crew that's been there the last few years seem to have all disappeared in the last couple weeks.

Man, I'll be checking my boxes from now on.
    Last edited by T8er S.; 09-12-2015 at 07:08 AM. Reason: crack head auto

Quote Originally Posted by "THE ADVOCATE" View Post
    Yikes! Luckily I had a set in the garage for the shake down run, but couldn't buy a set in SLC. Had to be ordered? Oh, and the dizzy that finally fit had to come from a '73 Ford town and country station wagon. O'Reilly tried to dumb blond my wife but got an ear full from my wife when she taught them some computer look up 460 parts LOL. Its a boat, lots of trucks and Galaxies had 460 motors...I am actually really proud! Came home and the right parts were there! Good job Marcee!

Can she get Olds parts too?
    Last edited by T8er S.; 09-12-2015 at 07:12 AM. Reason: help a ninja out

Thread Information