Thread: Hey, Guy...Just the Token Weed Whacker guy again...I seem to get better advice here

Hey, Guy...Just the Token Weed Whacker guy again...I seem to get better advice here

So, Long story short something shot craps in my 1971 Evinrude 125 HP Selectic.

So I opted to buy a used 1983-84 115 HP Merc Tower of Power in line 6 that turns out it need work.

Evinrude has a strong power Head where the Merc needs some work.

It seems a shame to just junk them when people might be looking for parts that they may never find.

Both have trim and tilt, controls, steering and what not......So part them out...that is the question?

Thanks

Karsten

PS, I bought a 2011 Merc Opti Max 150 to hang off a 16 ft boat...this should be fun.

2. The following 3 users Like Karsten's post:

Team Dirt Bag Intern NUTTZ
    Super Mod

Re: Hey, Guy...Just the Token Weed Whacker guy again...I seem to get better advice he

Yep, the 150 should get the job done! :) Get her hung and caravan down to Powell with us in 2 weeks! Absolutely part the junk motors out. I am sure you know about KSL's boat parts section. I have got some pretty good money for hard to find parts and didn't even price gouge. Conversely I have also got gouged on hard to find parts. LOL Its weird, I can place an add for something and get no calls, then a month later a guy will call, beg me to hold it for him and drive a long ways at 9pm and pay full asking price without even thinking about dickering. Makes me feel good that I am not the only boat junkie around.
    Heavy Lake Lay Up Family Boat Ready To Race Any Takers

4. The following user Likes "THE ADVOCATE"'s post:

AG6

Re: Hey, Guy...Just the Token Weed Whacker guy again...I seem to get better advice he

Oh yea, 150 ponies on a light 16 ft hot rod, yea that'll do'er!!!
    AG6= Amazing Grace VI *
    1980 BIESEMEYER 27' VIKING

Token Weed has a whole different meaning here in Colorado!
    '78 Glastron/Carlson CV23 - 429/Berkeley; '64 Ford Falcon 'vert; '04 Saab 95 Aero
    Bradley GTE Electric; '99 Tahoe, 2000 Big Dog Bulldog

7. The following 3 users Like 429CV23's post:

Well, This was before I spent 2 days buffing the heck out of the deck and cowl.

Pretty high tech for a 45 year old boat.

Karsten

9. The following 3 users Like Karsten's post:

I get the feeling Karston, riding in that boat at full wick, would be a lot like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails why boys need a little guidance2..jpg  
    It's Impossible to Lose Your Footing, If Your On Your Knees"

11. The following user Likes 78_Tahiti's post:

Well she has been wet a couple of times and I forgot the camera. This time I had the camera and the wrong lens.

Lost the 15x17p Pontoon Boat prop for s 14.25x20P 4 blade SS prop and what a difference that made. The boat jumps from 20MPH to 30 and then to 40 and smooth as glass.

GF's favorite boat saying was Slow Down at 25-30 and no bumps and now she is okay with running it up to 40 and even 45 for a brief bit. She will even do the bumps and not get rattled.

Jack Plate and maybe a Trim Wedge and I can get it dialed in.

Karsten
    Last edited by Karsten; 08-21-2016 at 06:01 PM.

13. The following 3 users Like Karsten's post:

Thread Information