PDA

View Full Version : Water line route for headers?

sleek1979
08-08-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm a little confused on how to hook up the water lines for the headers. I do realize I need to get a Bassett T valve yet. I have a 79 sleekcraft rebel with a 454. Rite now there is a water line that goes from the jet water inlet then T's off and each line goes to bottom front of indmar logs. Then on each side of the front of logs a line goes to front of engine. Then a set of lines goes from thermostat housing all the way back to snail. Hope I got that all rite? Anyway, what lines go to the headers and where does new T valve go and so forth? Thanks in advance fella's.

I want ant to eventually put my headers on.

T8er S.
08-08-2014, 02:01 PM
This is a little better diagram, you have to change some stuff...
:eek:

Redeye1620
08-08-2014, 03:01 PM
From what I read you have it hooked up correctly....

"THE ADVOCATE"
08-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Logs vs. headers get a little different plumbing. If I read right your pump water goes to the logs for pre-heat then is sent to the engine. A correct set up. Headers are a whole different animal. The good news is a whole bunch of water lines will go away and clean up the engine bay! For headers the pump sends water directly to the engine (look up pressure valves!). Then the cooling water is sent overboard. The t-valve will open at a pre set rpm to let water cooling water through the primaries and out of the collectors through a set of hard piped water lines. The water is mostly to protect the header finish but it can be used to con LEO about noise control. But only if they are new.

sleek1979
08-10-2014, 04:16 AM
Do these need some kind of support, I mounted one last night just to see what they look like and it sure seems like a lot of weight held on just by the header bolts alone.

T8er S.
08-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Do these need some kind of support, I mounted one last night just to see what they look like and it sure seems like a lot of weight held on just by the header bolts alone.

No, they'll stay.
:pissed: