PDA

View Full Version : '76 Eliminator daycrusier interior rehab

ursusarticus
05-26-2014, 03:38 PM
I pulled the cover off the old Eliminator daycrusier and noticed that the front bucket seat backs were a flopping and that the plywood flooring had rotted over the winter. The floor and carpet are fairly simple to redo. I'm thinking about how to do the seats. I want to retain the same configuration, but I was wondering if instead of plywood if I could use Plexiglass to make the seat back frames and seat bottoms. I am thinking of engineering plastics due to the waterproof nature and the fact that it will never absorb water.

"THE ADVOCATE"
05-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Vaccume forming?

tahoemedic
05-26-2014, 04:28 PM
the most efficient is to use the plywood but seal it with marine resin. It will last for 50 years plus

wolfie
05-28-2014, 08:20 AM
It would definitely have to be thick plexi. I would go with the plywood myself. Just ask yourself how many plexi windshields are still in play.

ursusarticus
06-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Guys after careful deliberation, I thinks that I'll use half inch marine plywood for the bottoms and 3/8" ply for the front bucket frames and use hinges to join the segments together and aluminum angle to tie the back framing to the bases on the two front seats. Thanks for the guidance guys, it is an old barge but it has style and it came from a good builder.

wolfie
06-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Guys after careful deliberation, I thinks that I'll use half inch marine plywood for the bottoms and 3/8" ply for the front bucket frames and use hinges to join the segments together and aluminum angle to tie the back framing to the bases on the two front seats. Thanks for the guidance guys, it is an old barge but it has style and it came from a good builder.

You can't beat an Eliminator Daycruiser!!! There are days I miss mine!

ursusarticus
09-15-2016, 08:40 AM
The situation has worsened due to the coastal fog up here in Santa Cruz. I've been out of work for the past 4 years due to the poor economy and stroke rehab. I'm getting started in a new gig as a financial consultant and will get the funds coming in to get this project started. The sole(floor) has rotted just like the bucket seat frames did. I've decided on "Coosa board" for the sole and marboard for the seat frames. After my Nephew reaches the maturity level that in my mind I can trust him with this boat it will be his. Emerson has been working on this boat with me since I brought it home. He graduates from High School this next Summer and after he finishes at U.C. he might be ready for his boat.