PDA

View Full Version : new rule in AZ?

Hotrodnailhead
05-09-2014, 01:20 PM
So I just went to transfer the registration on the Guasti and the AZ Game and Fish has a new rule regarding Hull Identification Numbers.

I had paperwork showing the HID and bill of sale, but the HIN didn't have the required number of digits (because it's really old).

They issued me a NEW HID to meet the new standards. So now the boat has 2 HINs.

They require that the number be "etched, engraved, embossed, burned or otherwise permanently attached to the transom in the upper right area".

Then they require a rubbing, or photo of the number to be returned to them.

WTF.

"THE ADVOCATE"
05-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Is there a technicality that will allow it to be "inside" of the transom? I would have a problem with damaging my $4000 paint job.

Hotrodnailhead
05-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Here is the document page one and two. I tried to put them in order, but the internet isn't playing nice with me today.

Hotrodnailhead
05-09-2014, 02:17 PM
that picture actually kind of looks like my boat too! ha ha.

"THE ADVOCATE"
05-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Go to a trophy store, have them engrave the HIN on a plate. Then just sticky it to the hull? Or rivet or screw if you have too.

Hotrodnailhead
05-09-2014, 03:43 PM
I think I'll use roman numerals.

T8er S.
05-09-2014, 04:13 PM
This is how the great state of Oklahoma does it.
:drool:

"THE ADVOCATE"
05-09-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a pic from AZ where it looked that cold? Except for one time in Flaggstaff but it wasn't a pic and I was glad that trucker....

White Lightning
05-11-2014, 12:13 PM
This is how the great state of Oklahoma does it.
:drool:

T8er, I'll bet that that thing uses NO fuel at all with that new style flat carb! lolol
Rob

White Lightning
05-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Is there a technicality that will allow it to be "inside" of the transom? I would have a problem with damaging my $4000 paint job.

When I lived in AZ years back, I owned a 1958 BSA Road Rocket chopper. I took it DMV to get the title transfered and registered and the lady at the counter said that I needed to have an inspection because it was "a re-constructed vehicle".......not that it hadn't been titled as the vehicle that it was from day one. OK I said, rode it around back, the guy comes out, looks at the head stock for the VIN, didn't like the fact that there was just a little too much $5,000 worth of paint in the numbers (I could read them just fine), took out his pocket knife (without even ASKING me!) and porceeded to scrape off my custom paint right down to the bare metal!!!!!! Needless to say I came un#$%ted on him! He just gave me a discusted look and went back inside. Took an extra hour for them to finish my paperwork. Does it sound like I've got a case of the azz at DMV????? YA THINK????
Rob

T8er S.
05-11-2014, 03:11 PM
T8er, I'll bet that that thing uses NO fuel at all with that new style flat carb! lolol
Rob

Yes sir and that fin on top slices right through the air! (And tarps)
:anim_chainsaw: