PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of abm boat works

76 marlin dolphin
04-16-2014, 09:04 AM
I bought some manifolds from a guy and he has a amb boat works modified panther pump . Basically it has a special stator housing that mounts a berkley
stering nozzle and diverter . He wants 200.00. For the whole pump .I was tempted to buy it.
Anybody ever herd of abm boat works ?

78_Tahiti
04-17-2014, 07:37 AM
I heard of that conversion, even saw a picture of one. From what I understand, the only real improvement was reverse, worked a little better. The limiting factor, was the hole size of the nozzle is smaller, then the Panther. Since this is an Axial Flow Pump, it restricts some of the water flow. I would love to have one to go with my collection of Panthers! LOL! I would dig more pictures of one also.

76 marlin dolphin
04-17-2014, 07:50 AM
Yes I would like to pic it up just as a novelty . I also found a panther stator with a panther jetovator .I would like to get but he wants 750.00 do you think that's too much?

78_Tahiti
04-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Yes I would like to pic it up just as a novelty . I also found a panther stator with a panther jetovator .I would like to get but he wants 750.00 do you think that's too much?
I think that's to much. I bought a sleeved pump, with a panthervator on it, for $400. They are out there, just don't seem to show up very often.

76 marlin dolphin
04-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Yes I think you are righ I offered him 550 will see . Still to much

jetboatperformance
04-18-2014, 09:02 AM
I bought some manifolds from a guy and he has a amb boat works modified panther pump . Basically it has a special stator housing that mounts a berkley
stering nozzle and diverter . He wants 200.00. For the whole pump .I was tempted to buy it.
Anybody ever herd of abm boat works ?

ADM boat works (Don) was in socal and was a major player in the Panther game years back , That nozzle mod your referring to is an effort to provide means of mounting a Place type trim but will actually hurt Panther performance, The Panther like Jacuzzi and other Axials depends on huge nozzle opening to exaust/expell water to make thrust and thus trasmit power installing a smaller ID nozzle chokes this function Tom

* the panther "jet 0 Vator" works OK on stock Panther applications but beware if buying one used that you get ALL the miscelleneous parts as no replacment parts are available