PDA

View Full Version : Fan Page...Tell Us Your Story

"THE ADVOCATE"
11-24-2013, 01:50 PM
I am a die hard Saints fan. I have been accused of jumping on the bandwagon because they are the best team in the league. I have been a fan for a long time. I moved from Southern California to New Orleans in 1988. Before then I didn't have a crush on any particular team but liked the then LA Raiders (went to games in the Colliseum) San Diego and the Bucks. My dad got season tickets in the Super Dome cheap because the Saints sucked. Second level 45yrd line season tickets!!! Coach Mora threw out a bait and I was hooked. I went through the Bobby Hebert seasons, wanted to kill Forcade, Coach Hazlet is probably responsible for early hair loss and I wrote many letters to Tom Benson threatening law suits for minutes of my life I will never get back because of his bone head ownership. Then the world changed, Sean Peyton took the reins, San Diego F'd up and cut the best quarter back in the league and golden skies shined down on the Who Dat Nation!!!! This is where the "I BELIEVE" logo has come from for me. After years of ridicule I was on top!! Last year hurt, more ridicule and hate, but I don't care. Go Saints, I believe. WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!

78_Tahiti
11-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Well Put Jason! I grew up in the S.F. Bay Area. With a slightly younger, and competitive Brother. So he was an A's Fan & I liked the Giants. He was a Niners Fan, and I never really was that interested in Football. Then later in life (once we started hitting the Bar Scene) I found a Football Team I Liked! Not because of their winning records, or trips to the Super Bowl. It was actually the lack of winning, and the Coolest Looking Helmets in the League.
That being the fleur-de-lis on a Shiny Gold backgound, Worn by the One & Only, New Orleans, Saints!

dragracerdave
11-24-2013, 03:45 PM
I grew up outside of Houston ans was a die hard Oilers fan during the Luv Ya Blue days with Bum Phillips and The Tyler Rose, Earl Cambell. I am still pissed that Bud Adams fired him and he went to New Orleans. I still have my Oilers Jacket and a box full of brand new hats I bought when they were leaving to Tennessee.I was in the Astrodome the day Joe Montana beat us when he was with the Chef's, LoL, to keep us out of the Superbowl, blue hair and all,so you could say I was diehard. I moved to Denver in the summer of 1997 before the Bronco's won their first Superbowl. Two of my nephews came to visit in 1998 wearing their Cowboy and Packer jerseys.

Well, that changed when I bought them Elway jerseys for the ride home. On the way to the airport, I took them buy the Broncos training facility to see if we could see a player or two. We parked across the street from where the players drove out, with the kids in the back of the truck wearing their # 7 jersey's. I was doing some paperwork when a car pulled over in front of me and waived the kid's over. My oldest nephew who was 11 at the time, came running back saying that John Elway needed a pen to sign his shirt, I said "yeah right". I walked over to the Ford Expedition, and I 'll be damned if it was not John Elway and I almost had a heart attack. He asked if I had anything to sign, and I mumbled " Yes sir, I have a Superbowl Ball I just bought at the gift shop". He signed both kid's jerseys and my ball which I have in a glass case to this day, and the kid's framed their jersey's...That is why I am know a die hard Bronco's fan

"THE ADVOCATE"
11-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Earl Campbell was my child hood hero. Which is why I still have a soft spot for the Texans. My kids are still scratching their heads because I have nothing good to say about Texas ever. (Except Matt's Toys for Tots event last Sunday!!) Its amazing how a game can bring a family together.

dragracerdave
11-24-2013, 05:17 PM
A few pics from the man cave...

I still read my hometown paper, and when Bum died a few weeks ago and I read alot of old stories about that era, it did bring a tear to my eye, and Earl cannot hardly even stand up anymore due to the tremendous pounding he took in his career...I did see where he purchased the old Oiler sign from the Astrodome auction a few weeks ago, that was cool. It is funny how we become so emotionally attached to teams, and though it can bring families together, it can also be a sore spot..{ My brothers are Dallas Cowgirl fan's }

"THE ADVOCATE"
11-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Yah, all my cousins like the donkeys. Who would of thunk? My buddy Steve has a cool theatre room/donkeys cave. Its where we will watch the super bowl if its Saints vs. Broncos. Fontana CA sucks but it is a lot better than New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!